• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi everyone, Bill here from Del City, OK (just east of Oklahoma City) just bought a new 2013 NC700X DCT ABS. Looking to meet any other NC700 owners here in Oklahoma.

Haven't had a motorcycle since I was 17 (I'm 40 now.) Getting ready to do my first oil change (630 miles now.) Loving this bike so far.

Hi everyone, Bill here from Del City, OK (just east of Oklahoma City) just bought a new 2013 NC700X DCT ABS. Looking to meet any other NC700 owners here in Oklahoma.

Haven't had a motorcycle since I was 17 (I'm 40 now.) Getting ready to do my first oil change (630 miles now.) Loving this bike so far.

Howdy from Texas!

Hello,
From Lathrop, CA. Just bought a 2015 NC DCT and....I love this bike. I didn't know if I would like Auto, but wanted the ABS. Now I'm addicted to the darn auto...it's so smooth.

Hello,
From Lathrop, CA. Just bought a 2015 NC DCT and....I love this bike. I didn't know if I would like Auto, but wanted the ABS. Now I'm addicted to the darn auto...it's so smooth.

Welcome from middle Georgia. The ABS is what got me into the DCT as well. I am glad it did and do not miss the clutch at all.

Hi all.

As of this week, I am the owner of a 2012 NC700X DCT ABS. It's loaded with almost every Honda accessory and starts with about 2700 miles.
I traded in a 2009 Aprilia Mana 850 (purchased new in 2012) with even less mileage. I also own a Suzuki Burgman 400 that serves as my commuter vehicle, and accounts for the low mileage on the Aprila. The NC700 is more like that Suzuki and may serve to replace both bike -- i.e., as both commuter and sport tourer.

So far, I'm overall happy with the design and handling but a little disappointed with the power which, of course, is notably lower than that of an 839CC Aprilia. The Honda is my 4th bike and 2nd Honda, Having started riding about 19 years ago on a used 1986(?) Honda Elite 250.

I currently live in upstate South Carolina in the foothills of the Blue ridge mtns. The BR Pkwy is about 75 minutes away.

Pleased to have this forum here. I've already found the answers to a few questions without even needing to ask.

Tom

Last edited:
Hi all.

As of this week, I am the owner of a 2012 NC700X DCT ABS. It's loaded with almost every Honda accessory and starts with about 2700 miles.
I traded in a 2009 Aprilia Mana 850 (purchased new in 2012) with even less mileage. I also own a Suzuki Burgman 400 that serves as my commuter vehicle, and accounts for the low mileage on the Aprila. The NC700 is more like that Suzuki and may serve to replace both bike -- i.e., as both commuter and sport tourer.

So far, I'm overall happy with the design and handling but a little disappointed with the power which, of course, is notably lower than that of an 839CC Aprilia. The Honda is my 4th bike and 2nd Honda, Having started riding about 19 years ago on a used 1986(?) Honda Elite 250.

I currently live in upstate South Carolina in the foothills of the Blue ridge mtns. The BR Pkwy is about 75 minutes away.

Pleased to have this forum here. I've already found the answers to a few questions without even needing to ask.

Tom

Howdy from Texas!

Gidday from Brisbane Australia.
I'm an accountant and mechanical engineer by qualification and experience.
I bought an NC750SA in November of 2014 and use it for commuting to work every day.
Only bike I'd had previously was a 1996 Kawasaki GPX250 which I got while in university as two of my mates had similar bikes. It was purely recreational as I lived in the university hostel.
After graduating I became a weekend warrior as I moved to a city where I only lived 5 minutes drive and parking was free. Eventually sold the bike and never looked back.
Since moving to Brisbane we live 30km from the I am a Spammer. Most of my roles have been in the I am a Spammer and eventually I did a cost benefit analysis justifying to my wife why it made sense to buy a motorbike.
Being the practical woman she is she ignored it and helped me choose a bike.
I bought the NC in the end because the price was great, it has ABS, uses 91 fuel (the same as our cars so I can fuel it at home), has a comfortable riding position (most of my commute is speed limited to 70kph so wind isn't an issue) and my wife thought it was nicer than a VT750.
Haven't had any regrets so far and the ABS has saved me from a spill or two in the 10,000 odd km's I've done on it.
I have a hankering for a CBR1000RR but can't see myself doing anything about it for a few years.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Ben from Upstate New York, living in Utah.

I checked out the forums here looking for suggestions on new tires after seeing some wire coming through on the back. The information was much appreciated.

I've had my NC700X since last fall and it's been a blast.

Back