• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi from AZ. Just got a 2012 NC700X this morning. 6324 Miles. Honda trunk and panniers. Yoshi muffler. New Michelin p4s.
Now the mods can begin! Great forum.

Hi, I'm Angelika, originally from Germany where I got my license and 1st bike (a Kawasaki Zephyr 550) in 2001 and put on 5000 km before I left for the states (Michigan).
Haven't been riding much since....moved to SC 2005, in 2010 I finally got my American license and bought a 1981 Suzuki GS650E (both against my now ex-husband's will)....which was always in the shop for something....ugg, expensive to keep up.
Then in 2013 I bought a NC700X brand new (tired of dumping/fixing/getting stranded with the other) which finally got delivered (backlog) when I bought my house - which I was working on fixing since, no time to ride. Now I fixed/upgraded most what was needed and I have & take some time to learn about my now 3 year old bike I have not even ridden once! Unbelievable right!? I know.... Looking forward to it!
Be save out there! Greetings from usually sunny, hot & humid Charleston, SC!

Hi, I'm Angelika, originally from Germany where I got my license and 1st bike (a Kawasaki Zephyr 550) in 2001 and put on 5000 km before I left for the states (Michigan).
Haven't been riding much since....moved to SC 2005, in 2010 I finally got my American license and bought a 1981 Suzuki GS650E (both against my now ex-husband's will)....which was always in the shop for something....ugg, expensive to keep up.
Then in 2013 I bought a NC700X brand new (tired of dumping/fixing/getting stranded with the other) which finally got delivered (backlog) when I bought my house - which I was working on fixing since, no time to ride. Now I fixed/upgraded most what was needed and I have & take some time to learn about my now 3 year old bike I have not even ridden once! Unbelievable right!? I know.... Looking forward to it!
Be save out there! Greetings from usually sunny, hot & humid Charleston, SC!

Willkommen hier.

I was in Charleston last week. Too bad you didn't introduce yourself earlier we could have had a beer [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived in Charleston in 1974-76. A nice place, but giant bugs and unbearable in the summer.

Hi, I'm Ben, have been riding dirt bikes with my dad for about ten years now, mostly in the woods (but also went to the Colorado mountains and rode a bit in Texas). Got my 2012 NC700X about a month ago for a decent price, and use it mostly for riding to and from work. Speaking of work, I fill up buckets, load them on pallets, and put them in a truck (and same in reverse), for less than I'd like. Thankfully I'm pretty competent with a computer, so I mostly just deal with logging them in/out.

As far as hobbies, I enjoy playing video games (jRPGs, strategy, indie), messing around in Linux, reading/watching manga/anime, writing useless or slightly less useless programs, and (of course) motorcycling. ;) I'd also enjoy playing tennis, but I'm not great, and now that I've injured my shoulder snowboarding, I'm not sure if I'd be able to anyway.

Hi, I'm Ben, have been riding dirt bikes with my dad for about ten years now, mostly in the woods (but also went to the Colorado mountains and rode a bit in Texas). Got my 2012 NC700X about a month ago for a decent price, and use it mostly for riding to and from work. Speaking of work, I fill up buckets, load them on pallets, and put them in a truck (and same in reverse), for less than I'd like. Thankfully I'm pretty competent with a computer, so I mostly just deal with logging them in/out.

As far as hobbies, I enjoy playing video games (jRPGs, strategy, indie), messing around in Linux, reading/watching manga/anime, writing useless or slightly less useless programs, and (of course) motorcycling. ;) I'd also enjoy playing tennis, but I'm not great, and now that I've injured my shoulder snowboarding, I'm not sure if I'd be able to anyway.
You sound line a good guy. Enjoy your new to you motorcycle

Welcome from Ontario!

What language do you write programs in?
I know some C, python, and javascript, dabbled in haskell, java, and rust. I haven't really written any feature complete or useful programs, though I did help write an extension for midori, and have written a few of my own for Chrome.

Neat! I've been plugging away at PHP on and off for 16 years now. It's good to have computer skills no matter where you work. Around here you are considered a guru if you post pictures that aren't sideways or upside down.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Around here you are considered a guru if you post pictures that aren't sideways or upside down.

gbThumbsUp.png

Good Morning. My name is Arthur, living here in New Brunswick, Canada. I am considering the purchase of a 2015 NC750XA (new at dealer). I currently own a couple of Honda PC800s, one of which I rode from here across Canada to Vancouver Island and back summer of 2015. PC800s are my favorite bike to date however they are getting a bit old and harder to get parts so I am looking for something new for my next couple of planned longer journeys. Basically have narrowed down the choice to the NC750X or a 2015 Vstrom 650(also new at the dealer). My heart is telling me the NC750X but my head is not too sure. Planning to read through this site this weekend and gain from the experience of folks here on touring and outfitting the NC750X. I am 5'8" so also looking to see if there is any info on the advisability of lowering the bike. Thanks folks.

Welcome to the forum from Ontario. The Vstrom - NCX (and Versys) decision seems a common dilemma. When the DCT became available in Canada I was able to choose the NCX. I like the look of the Vstrom and suspect I would have been happy with it as I am with the NCX. 17000 kms no issues.

final determinant for me after considering V-Stroms, KLRs etc was a look at fuelly.com to realize i'd prefer a motorcycle that would cost me so much less to ride. Lots of 650 V-Stroms and KLRs around locally or going through the area and hardly any V-Stromers ever told me they did better than 50mpg, and even less for the KLRs. Haven rid some KLRs I also found them pretty slow at getting up to 80mph, and was in favor of something with FI. I love the handling of my NC too, and the frunk is such an asset for days out and commutes and even errand running. I actually would have preferred a kitted-out DR650 to a V-Strom for that matter though it's even less fuel efficient because of more off-road orientation -- and a good road crusier for a thumper -- if the kitting out is done right.

Hello from South Carolina! I have ordered a 2017 NC700X DCT from my dealer, who is now impatiently waiting for Mother Honda to ship. I currently ride a Honda ST1300 (10 awesome years of traveling),and, at the other extreme, a Suzuki TU250 (fun bike!). Both will be put to pasture to make way for my new NC. Looking forward to that DCT, which I rode every day for a week in Vermont this summer, courtesy of American Honda Demo Team. Also test rode the Africa Twin DCT, an awesome machine! But, since I am strictly a street rider, the Africa Twin was not on my list. Looking forward to being part of this forum.

Back