• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi Everyone, My name Is Les, living in Tennessee, out in the country. I started riding when I was 9 or 10, turn 59 this year! Been riding Gold Wings since 1987. Curretnly own 3 GW and one NC700XD. I wanted something smaller to go backroading looking for a little bit more remote fishing holes. Not even a good fisherman, it' just an excuse to go riding.
I am a retired marine, and at 39 years old I went to full time school to get my BS in Electronics Engineering Technology. Second or third best thing I ever did! I travel for work and ride my 2015 Gold Wing to work, nearly everyday. I do love riding. I also love working on everything I own.
I hope I can post as useful information as I have been reading. Got any questions, just send me a message.

Keep the rubber side down!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your bike.

Hi from Birmingham

Hello! My name is Stephen, AKA Cheeseburger

i'm from Central Alabama, I just picked up a 2016 NC700XD DCT ABS with 13k miles on it.

I've been riding motorcycles since 2006 and have Three other motorcycles.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
1981 Suzuki Gn400

I bought my NC to commute on, i've been looking at one since they were announced around 2011ish? I can't remember. But only recently got to a point where I could buy one.

My NC has the OEM Saddlebags, Madstad adjustable windshield, unbranded crash bars, Centerstand, and Givi Hand guards.

So far i'm still trying to get used to the DCT, i found it unsettling at first but now I really am starting to like it.

the amount of activity on the forum is exciting, i've been a part of several different Automotive forums since 2008, I've found forums to be an invaluable resource for information, and i'm sure this one will be no exception.

IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg

Meeting it's siblings for the first time.
IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

My other bikes. (Shadow on the far right belongs to a friend)
IMG_0336.jpg

Hello from southern California. I just purchased a '18 NC750X (standard version) last night. It's been a long time since I have been on anything Honda (I think my last Honda product was a Honda Shadow from the early 90's).

My NC will be serving as a commuter to get me to work and back, along with occasional trips to a college. I currently have several bikes, mostly KTM's, so it's not fair to compare the NC to bikes with 2-3 times the horsepower and performance....but gotta say, within the 90+ miles I had to ride it home, I was quite impressed with the performance. I wasn't sure what to expect when I rolled out of the dealership, but the low-end pickup and torque and ability to handle highway speeds of 80mph+ was impressive. I cannot think of a bike that fits as a urban commuter as well as the NC750X. I can see why this bike is so popular in Europe. I plan on keeping this bike until the wheels falls off or the engine finally quits....and from what I have reading, it will be a long time before that happens. Not much mods planned other than some heated-grips for the winter months and centerstand to aid in maintenance.

Welcome!!!

And as i'm sure you know, the centerstand makes it sooooo nice to keep the chain oiled...
.... that reminds me, i need to oil my chain......

Post up some PICS!!!:cool:

After wearing out your first chain and sprockets at about 12,000 miles, change the stock 520 chains and sprockets to a 525 chains and sprockets. (If you can find them) This will almost always double your chain life....... The Africa Twin comes stock with 525 chain and sprockets, and it gets about 25,000 per set....

Hi,

Glad to have found this forum.

I bought a NC750X (2015) at auction from the Canadian Government for a great price. Only 13000 kms! It was used by Environment Canada for emission testing.

I'v been riding dirt bikes since I was 10. Had a Honda Interceptor 750 in 1984 but was commuting in Toronto and couldn't get used to the traffic. So I sold it.

Fast forward to today. I'm now retired. Still ride dirt bikes. No longer live in Toronto and want to get back into a bit of road riding. When I saw the NC750X and researched it it seemed perfect for me.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Looking forward to doing a few mods and lots of riding.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

I'm Tony from Sydney Australia. I recently bought a used (2013) NC700S. I got it for $4300 (au) and it had only done 4400km. I have read reviews of many bikes over the years so I knew exactly what I was getting (that is : a bike with special abilities and not as good as NC750)... But the price was so good even the wife was happy.. I think there are a lot of buyers of NC bikes that don't do their research and think it is a naked sport bike.... then they sell it with low km's on the odo.... I see many of these bikes for sale and the owner has hardly ridden it... Funny
I have made some small changes. New Chinese/fake akropovic exhaust can, larger windscreen, adjustable levers, TPMS, radiator guard.....
I have done many short trips and one large trip so far and I love the throb of the engine at low speeds and the smooth power at highway speeds. Obviously the fuel economy is fantastic but being able to ride to Port Macquarie from Sydney to visit my parents (about 400km) on less than a full tank is tremendous.
I had an MT09 before the Honda NC and I was stopping all the time for fuel (even though it was no gas hog).
I'm yet to do an oil/filter change because the oil looks good and my crush washers have not arrived in the mail yet.

In terms of my bio, I have had an interesting life as an economics teacher living both in rural and urban locations in Australia plus HCMC in Vietnam, Manila, The Philippines and Beijing China. I have had bought and ridden bikes in all these countries and I have had some interesting crashes..... My family says I have 9 lives.....

I look forward to reading posts from people on this website about all the idiosyncrasies of the NC and how to have trouble free motoring. I bought this bike to be fun but frugal!
Cheers
IMG_20190512_151857.jpg

Welcome, Mate! Go easy on those nine lives. You’ll want to enjoy that bike as long as you can!!

Hi riders!

Old guy, haven't owned a bike since I sold my two naked GL1000s ('75 &'78) 15 years ago. Retired to New Mexico 4 years ago and found incredible riding weather year round.
Few months ago considered buying a newer used car but recently discovered good prices on new bikes. Research got me to the NC750X and the left-over new 2018s are an amazing value.
Found a couple of big dealers in AZ asking $1K less than local. Formed a plan: fly to Tuscon, ride new bike 2-lane scenic route 450 miles to home.

***Little voice in head says I must be nuts! 67 years old, out of shape, out of practice, never seen or sat on this bike, etc.***

Well, I did it anyway. That first day was horrible, scary white-knuckle practice in parking lots and Tuscon traffic and sometimes I wanted to give up; I really thought I might die on the ride home. Bike was heavier than I expected and my short legs had trouble keeping it upright. My old skills weren't coming back as quickly as I wanted. Made rookie mistakes. What was I thinking???

Over the next 3 days my skills got better and better, I got more confident and relaxed more and grew to absolutely love my NC and riding again.
Turns out my planned route was incredible, probably the best bike ride I've ever found!! Should be on every "best bike rides" list! AZ77 and US60 through the White Mountains, beautiful deserts and protected forests of Arizona, Wow!
At one point I saw a "Watch for Wildlife" sign and shuddered at the thought of giant Elk or Mule Deer. 100 yards later a road runner ran across in front of me, LOL! Then I just missed a rattlesnake, thankfully no giants that day.

Made it home safe yesterday and admit I am relieved. I need riders' classes ASAP. Been watching YT videos and they help. Really need to work hard and practice to relearn the right way to ride and stay safe.

And since this is the NC forum, that bike is fantastic!!! Absolutely perfect for me; easy to ride, comfortable, torquey, more than fast enough, great handling, great LED lights increase visibility, averaged 74.6 MPG, beautiful red paint, couldn't be better!!
That is the best bike in the world for me. Oh, and $7400 out the door.Twisties.jpg

Last edited:
Hi riders!

Old guy, haven't owned a bike since I sold my two naked GL1000s ('75 &'78) 15 years ago. Retired to New Mexico 4 years ago and found incredible riding weather year round.
Few months ago considered buying a newer used car but recently discovered good prices on new bikes. Research got me to the NC750X and the left-over new 2018s are an amazing value.
Found a couple of big dealers in AZ asking $1K less than local. Formed a plan: fly to Tuscon, ride new bike 2-lane scenic route 450 miles to home.

***Little voice in head says I must be nuts! 67 years old, out of shape, out of practice, never seen or sat on this bike, etc.***

Well, I did it anyway. That first day was horrible, scary white-knuckle practice in parking lots and Tuscon traffic and sometimes I wanted to give up; I really thought I might die on the ride home. Bike was heavier than I expected and my short legs had trouble keeping it upright. My old skills weren't coming back as quickly as I wanted. Made rookie mistakes. What was I thinking???

Over the next 3 days my skills got better and better, I got more confident and relaxed more and grew to absolutely love my NC and riding again.
Turns out my planned route was incredible, probably the best bike ride I've ever found!! Should be on every "best bike rides" list! AZ77 and US60 through the White Mountains, beautiful deserts and protected forests of Arizona, Wow!
At one point I saw a "Watch for Wildlife" sign and shuddered at the thought of giant Elk or Mule Deer. 100 yards later a road runner ran across in front of me, LOL! Then I just missed a rattlesnake, thankfully no giants that day.

Made it home safe yesterday and admit I am relieved. I need riders' classes ASAP. Been watching YT videos and they help. Really need to work hard and practice to relearn the right way to ride and stay safe.

And since this is the NC forum, that bike is fantastic!!! Absolutely perfect for me; easy to ride, comfortable, torquey, more than fast enough, great handling, great LED lights increase visibility, averaged 74.6 MPG, beautiful red paint, couldn't be better!!
That is the best bike in the world for me. Oh, and $7400 out the door.View attachment 38366

Hah! You stole that bike!! (And rode it accordingly :rolleyes:) Nice going!

Randy that is incredible, what a great story and incredible first ride! Thank you for sharing that with all of us and a hearty welcome from northern IDAHO. Just a few weeks ago I rode down from Idaho and stayed at the 3 Step Hideaway(highly recommended) just south of La Sal Utah. While there I rode over to Ouray Co and down the Million Dollar Hwy to Albuquerque, then over to the 4 Corners Monument into Arizona for a ways and back up to 3 Step. Hope you continue to get out and ride often, looking forward to seeing you on the road somewhere... :{)

3Step vac 4 corners monument me5.JPG

Randy that is incredible, what a great story and incredible first ride! Thank you for sharing that with all of us and a hearty welcome from northern IDAHO.

Thank you for the welcome! Happy to share, that's what makes these forums fun!

Hey I look just like you...except I'm shorter, and fatter, and my white beard is different, and lots of other stuff.

My car is getting old and even though it's been reliable I'm afraid to trust it on longer trips so getting this brand new bike will allow me to get into some fantastic touring. Up into Colorado, the four corners, Grand Canyon, south to Mexico, east into Texas, etc. But first I need classes and practice!

Thank you for the welcome! Happy to share, that's what makes these forums fun!

Hey I look just like you...except I'm shorter, and fatter, and my white beard is different, and lots of other stuff.

My car is getting old and even though it's been reliable I'm afraid to trust it on longer trips so getting this brand new bike will allow me to get into some fantastic touring. Up into Colorado, the four corners, Grand Canyon, south to Mexico, east into Texas, etc. But first I need classes and practice!
Randy, I also returned to riding with the Nc700x. I found the videos from MCRider on YouTube were very helpful.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back