• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi, I'm Jim - an elderly but active expat Brit with Mexican nationality living close to Mexico City but working for an LA based importer and distributor of ceramic tiles, stone and glass coverings as their global quality manager. I travel all over world the world for business and when I do get the chance to spend a weekend in the US I have a BMW F800R garaged by a friend of mine to get me away from the city and have some fun. I plan to retire next year and travel the world for pleasure first swapping the BMW for an NC750x DCT and am looking to plan a bucket list 'must do' adventure trip in 2021 from Mexico City to the tip of Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia along with my son who will be 19 by then.

I joined this forum to pick up tips and gain some experience from other riders.

Cheers!

Geez... a 19 year old son...
Gonna retire next year...

Define ELDERLY :p ‘Cause if that makes you elderly, then a hearty welcome to you from a member of The Walking DEAD. :rolleyes:

Bob V checking in. Living just N of Portland, OR. I have had my 2013 NC700x for 15 months and 6k miles now. Added Shinko 705s (Ace Hardware fender lift) and a Madstad windshield. My only other bike was a 2008 VFR800a.

Hey Bob V, a hearty welcome from your eastern neighbor here in north IDAHO! I have been through Warren Or, glad to have you on the RIDE with us!! :{)

I just sold my 98ST1100. Loved it, but needed to relieve my paranoia of dropping it. Three months ago bought a new 2017 nc700x. Has taken 1200 miles to settle into riding the new concept.

Welcome JP from South Carolina. I hope you like it as much as many of the denizens here.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just picked up a 2013 nc700xd last week. Only have a few miles on it but loving it so far.

Welcome from Indiana. Where in Cali? My daughter is in Silicon Valley. We get out there a couple times a year.

Hi, I am Lynn (a 68 year old bloke) from Australia. Just bought an NC700SA 2012 with only 15k kms on it. Been riding since a kid and a continuous bike licence since 16. Bikes varied from 125cc Honda Benly, CB350, CX500, 750four, Suzi 400 Apache, Suzi GS1100GK and now this after a break of almost 20 years. So impressed with the NC, felt right at home as soon as I got on it. Have been riding my son-in-laws BMW S1000RR (hated it), his BMW G310GS (loved it) and BMW R1100RS(nice), so have managed to keep my hand in. Just discovered that the previous owner of the NC changed the engine sprocket from 16T to 15T. So that's why the speedo is way out!! So, fitted a GPS to solve the prob. Will go back to standard sprockets and new chain asap. I notice a bit of vibration through the hand grips so have ordered some slip-on foam grips to lessen the annoyance and handlebar risers to take a little pressure off my aging wrists. So....so far so good. Love being back on two wheels and living life. Cheers all and thanks

Heya folks!

Hi everyone! I am Jeroen, 29 years old guy from the Netherlands and thought stop by this thread to say hi. I have been driving my 2013 NC700x for about 2.5 years now, before this I had a CBR600FS (F4i) but wanted something more practical :).

2019-11-24_12-43-54 by Jeroen, on Flickr
2019-11-24_12-44-34 by Jeroen , on Flickr

I normally drive on the road, but this makes for great pictures.

Mods that I have done:

SW-Motech engine guard
SW-Motech footpegs
Barkbusters rainex handguards
IXIL hyperlow 3 exhaust
K&N highflow airfilter

She has done about 30.000km's right now of which I did 26.000. I have used it for about a year for commuting to and from work, but now mostly for in the weekends to have some fun. I have driven it to Helsinki and back this year which was awesome!

https://youtu.be/NXT78wrbhfY

Last edited:
Welcome Jeroen, sounds like you have gotten a lot of riding in the past 2-1/2 years. Nice pictures!

Hi- I bought a 2014 NC700x last year with about 2k miles on it, rode it all summer here in NH, USA. Fun bike, only modifications I've made were to add a taller windscreen and to add a tail-case with backrest. Future wish-list is maybe adding the engine crash bars with some LED driving lights, larger foot pegs, and replacing the miserable seat. Only issue I've had was whoever put on the oil filter the last time over-tightened it and I had to buy a special ratcheting oil filter tool to remove it.

Previous bikes: 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750, 1986 Yamaha VMax, 2007 Triumph Bonneville, 2002 Suzuki GS500 (still have it).

Hi from Largo, Florida. I'm newbie here just from yesterday. This forum is really useful for everyone for any situations. Thanks for approved me to be a member here.
.....Merry Christmas to everyone...

Hi from Largo, Florida. I'm newbie here just from yesterday. This forum is really useful for everyone for any situations. Thanks for approved me to be a member here.
.....Merry Christmas to everyone...
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas

Back