• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Burlington. I rode to NOTL about 2 weeks ago. Lovely ride. I'm planning to ride to Tobermory in early August and then over to Manitoulin Islands and then around the Georgian loop clockwise back to Burlington. Reckon 4 days 3 overnights casually cruising. Nothing firm yet though. Just planning :)

ps. Here's a photo of my bike on main street.

Last edited:
Burlington. I rode to NOTL about 2 weeks ago. Lovely ride. I'm planning to ride to Tobermory in early August and then over to Manitoulin Islands and then around the Georgian loop clockwise back to Burlington. Reckon 4 days 3 overnights casually cruising. Nothing firm yet though. Just planning :)

Welcome James B. Born and raised in Chicago, currently in Florida, and I lived straight down 6 from you in the south end of Guelph, in Westminster Woods. We were one of the first to build there. Long story. MIL is from England also (Sussex). Wife was born and raised in TO near Bayview and Eglington. Former owner looking for another now. I do plan on trailering up there to ride once Covid restrictions (crap) ends.

Congrats on the bike!

James
If you’re back this way again, I could take you for a tour of the area. Lots of great roads.
You’re four day trip sounds terrific.
Cheers
Steve

Hello everyone! I just rode my 2017 NC700X home after trading in a '08 KLR650 that I bought new. I have been riding for 50 years and am finally ready to stop falling down off road and embracing a different aspect of motorcycling. I have owned more motorcycles than I can remember since the early 1970s starting with Kawasaki 500cc Mach 3. I have always felt that if you don't weigh 400 pounds you probably don't need a 800 pound bike, so the NC700 is a perfect solution for an old coot like me. Anyway, I enjoy reading everyone's opinions and look forward to some fun in this forum. I am blessed to live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and have more great roads to explore out here than I will ever ride. I learn something new every day about motorcycles and hope to see you on the road.

Hello all,

My name is Rick and i'm from the Netherlands! I have my 2018 Honda NC750XD for about a week now and I really love it! Before I had a Yamaha Diversion 900, real old bike. In the 3 years I owned that bike a drove about 40.000 KM on it. Also that was my first bike. The NC750 is a real nice improvement for me and I already did 1000Km on it lol. I have the DCT version and it now has 11K on it (km). I'm 30 years old, work in IT/Business management and I daily drive my bike to work and back (even in winter).

Welcome to the forum, Rick! I’m glad you enjoy the NC750X. It seems like the ideal bike for you.

Hello all,

My name is Rick and i'm from the Netherlands! I have my 2018 Honda NC750XD for about a week now and I really love it! Before I had a Yamaha Diversion 900, real old bike. In the 3 years I owned that bike a drove about 40.000 KM on it. Also that was my first bike. The NC750 is a real nice improvement for me and I already did 1000Km on it lol. I have the DCT version and it now has 11K on it (km). I'm 30 years old, work in IT/Business management and I daily drive my bike to work and back (even in winter).
welkom

FF06616E-0520-487A-B3F5-D41C736D134E.jpeg
Hello everyone, just picked my 750x a few days ago. Coming to you from outside of Chicago. I’m a newbie rider, but after weeks of research, I chose the NC750 because of Honda reliability, exceptional fuel economy and because it was called a boring bike-perfect for my commuter/weekend short tours. Hoping I can contribute as much as I learn!

Welcome.
There are a few owners of the new '21 model on here, and I know they will be more than willing to compare notes with you.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hello all from Norfolk (in the UK). Just picked up my 2012 NC700SA - I am the third owner of this 16,000 mile bike, which is in really superb condition, so having done a few tens of miles only all I can say is that I am very pleased indeed - being 64 years old (how the hell did that happen??) I'm very happy to be riding the classic 'old geezers' bike. It is so laid back and unhurried, just fine tootling along at 50mph, enjoying a super smooth engine and great fuel economy. And so glad to finally be free of the purgatory, no, hell, of owning a 30 year old Aprilia Pegaso which could have been such a good bike but which was in fact a pile of badly put together junk that could even break down just sitting in the garage for a month or so!

Thoughts about the Honda - the saddle is very hard, so maybe a mod needed there, and I'm looking to put day running lights on - seeing other bikes with bright white LEDs up front have persuaded me to go the same route, it's got to be a lot safer. I'm also getting quite a lot of wind noise, which might be that I'm just more careful with my hearing than when I was younger (I've already got some tinnitus), so I'll start with some good quality ear plugs (earpeace may? www.earpeace.co.uk?), then a helmet better than my pretty ancient BMW System 4 - maybe the Schuberth C3Pro, and then looking at screens - at the moment its got a medium height Puig after-market job, but I'm not convinced that is the source of the issue - hence starting with ear plugs and then working outwards.

Anyway, that's a bit of an introduction, hopefully I will be able to contribute from time to time - ride safe.

Last edited:
Hello all! Just completed a deal on a “new” 2016 NC700X DCT with 3 k miles on her. Scheduled to drive down to Georgia and get her Wednesday. Been riding since 67, everything from the first bike I road (cousin’s Honda S65) through a lot a road burners. Started with two strokes (Yamaha305, Kawasaki 350 Avenger ,Suzuki T500 Titan (2 of them), Kawasaki H2 750 triple, then went Kaw KZ 1000R. In the last couple decades I’ve had a Ducati SS, Yamaha FJR, Royal Star Venture, Goldwing, F650 Dakar, Triumph 1050, Super Tenere, and another Tiger. Sold my Wing and Tiger last fall, but miss riding. Think the little Honda will work out pretty well for this old man

Hello all! Just completed a deal on a “new” 2016 NC700X DCT with 3 k miles on her. Scheduled to drive down to Georgia and get her Wednesday. Been riding since 67, everything from the first bike I road (cousin’s Honda S65) through a lot a road burners. Started with two strokes (Yamaha305, Kawasaki 350 Avenger ,Suzuki T500 Titan (2 of them), Kawasaki H2 750 triple, then went Kaw KZ 1000R. In the last couple decades I’ve had a Ducati SS, Yamaha FJR, Royal Star Venture, Goldwing, F650 Dakar, Triumph 1050, Super Tenere, and another Tiger. Sold my Wing and Tiger last fall, but miss riding. Think the little Honda will work out pretty well for this old man
When you think back to the all the bikes you used to own don't you sometimes wish you hadn't sold them, some of them are worth a lot of money - in my case Ducati Desmo 250 and 450, Ducati GT750 and a Moto Guzzi Mk 1 Le Mans - all sold for a few hundred each, now worth between them tens and tens of thousands of pounds - sigh....

When you think back to the all the bikes you used to own don't you sometimes wish you hadn't sold them, some of them are worth a lot of money - in my case Ducati Desmo 250 and 450, Ducati GT750 and a Moto Guzzi Mk 1 Le Mans - all sold for a few hundred each, now worth between them tens and tens of thousands of pounds - sigh....
Yeah, my old H2, KZ1000R and Ducati 900 especially. It’s weird when you look at vehicles you owned in the past and realize they are now “collector’s items” or “antiques”. This getting old stuff’s not what I expected

Hi. New member from Ontario, Canada. Picked up my new 2021 nc750x manual from North Bay Ontario. Had to have the wife drive me there so we could pick up the bike and drive 400kms home. Well worth it. Did the first oil change and heading out to pick up a 27mm socket to adjust the chain. Absolutely love the bike.

Hi everyone, just purchased a well loved 2014 NC700X as my first bike. I've never even had the opportunity to ride anything with 2 wheels and an engine before. Currently learning the basics on my dead end road and I'm having an absolute blast! I'm in the greater Seattle area, so I plan on doing all the riding I can before the rainy season truly sets in. I plan on using the bike for commuting and weekend getaways. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I'm very pleased with my purchase. The bike feels very manageable, yet capable all at the same time. Thanks to all the quality threads on this forum that allowed me to lurk for a few weeks and solidify my decision in this being my first bike. I look forward to being a part of this community!

Hi everyone, just purchased a well loved 2014 NC700X as my first bike. I've never even had the opportunity to ride anything with 2 wheels and an engine before. Currently learning the basics on my dead end road and I'm having an absolute blast! I'm in the greater Seattle area, so I plan on doing all the riding I can before the rainy season truly sets in. I plan on using the bike for commuting and weekend getaways. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I'm very pleased with my purchase. The bike feels very manageable, yet capable all at the same time. Thanks to all the quality threads on this forum that allowed me to lurk for a few weeks and solidify my decision in this being my first bike. I look forward to being a part of this community!
Welcome, the MSF course would be a good investment if you have not done it already.

Back