• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Howdy Dan and welcome to the forum.

I have arthritis in my throttle hand thumb joint. Hurts like heck sometimes, especially after a long ride. Have an appt with arthritis doc May 16. Hoping she can come up with a solution. Taking some of the joy out of riding.

Hello from Mission B.C. Canada. I have been riding for 38 years, 30 of those on Goldwings. After multiple hand surgeries for Osteoarthritis (explains my name), the clutch lever was not my friend in traffic. Honda had a solution with the DCT! I love it, not only for the DCT, it is a lot lighter to drive in the city. Had the bike for 1 month and am enjoying adding my touch to it.
Welcome to the forum.

Pretty new member I guess. Was flirting with a used NC700, then decided to go for a CRF300L Rally, but as those are basically unavailable, I'm picking up a new NC750X with DCT. Trading trails for power, convenience, comfort and grocery capacity. Probably a good trade. I'm tall with long legs, so not sure how the newer, shorter version will shake out with longer rides, but I guess some of the body position is tweakable with mods later.

Greetings from the 'sub-Arctic' of N'Hampsha, USA

Waiting on an imminent NC750x DCT, and I'll be seeking advice on swapping from the skinny stock footpegs, and likely, bar risers / backs. And the stock Dunlops are apparently 'disappointing.' I've had good luck with a variety of tire makes over the decades, so I'm open to 21st century suggestions. Thanks in advance.

A bit about Me: Reader from age 5, voracious. Brought Xenophon along on a recent 900-mile expedition.
Photographer from age 8, always had good cameras, and do not miss darkroom chemicals one bit.
Motorcycles hooked me early – the bicycle shop had brought some in, but of course my Dad forbade. Rider from age 12, beginning with a friend's Honda Cub 50cc, and since, there's apparently been no cure.

Welcome to the forum there Freezin Geezer

My wife and I have ridden in the White Mts, across the Kangamagus Hwy and up Mt Washington. You certainly have some beautiful country to ride in.

Hi all,

Just received an NC700x DCT ABS in a trade. Came across this site to join the community and find out about others experiences. One thing I already figured out was that there doesn't seem to be an Owner's Manual for the 2016, that I can find. I didn't get one with the bike. Even Honda doesn't list the NC700x in the manual download section. I wanted to mainly figure out the display, so it seems that the 2018 750 has the same, so we'll see how that works out.

I usually do my own work on bikes, so the Service Manual will probably be in my future.

Greetings from the 'sub-Arctic' of N'Hampsha, USA

Waiting on an imminent NC750x DCT, and I'll be seeking advice on swapping from the skinny stock footpegs, and likely, bar risers / backs. And the stock Dunlops are apparently 'disappointing.' I've had good luck with a variety of tire makes over the decades, so I'm open to 21st century suggestions. Thanks in advance.

A bit about Me: Reader from age 5, voracious. Brought Xenophon along on a recent 900-mile expedition.
Photographer from age 8, always had good cameras, and do not miss darkroom chemicals one bit.
Motorcycles hooked me early – the bicycle shop had brought some in, but of course my Dad forbade. Rider from age 12, beginning with a friend's Honda Cub 50cc, and since, there's apparently been no cure.
Welcome… my experience with freezing in Presque Isle ME set the bar pretty high… as in over your head! But now I’m in the Midwest. The NC is a nice bike-enjoy!

Howdy all. After 6 years of lusting and reading I just got my 23 NC750XD a few days back. I was very unsure about the DCT having never had ridden an auto but the 10 mi demo ride blew that away by the 2nd stop sign. Just seemed this low reving cummings deisel like pulling of a motorcycle engine was in its finest possible element and the engine braking was all it needed to be. Fears alleviated I snatched up this only one in stock for 250 miles from where we currently are and couldn't be happier. Having a blast searching out twisty hills which are quite rare here in west central IN at the moment but the looking is great fun on this marvel.20230606_133438.jpg

Welcome to the forum, MasDixDragon. I’m glad you discovered the NC, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Greetings all, I recently bought a NC750XA, loving the easy handling and commuting around London (UK), not too mention the fantastic fuel economy! I was looking at various posts on the internet about the NC and your site came up with the best info, soo; I thought it was common sense to come and join in :)

Helló! Új vagyok. Most kaptam engedélyt a fórum használatára.
Elnézést a rossz angolért! (de amúgy a google fordító a barátom)
Ha lehetséges... motorral születtem a világra.
A jelenlegi Nc750xd a harmadik Nc-m.
Az első egy normál 700 x-es volt...a második egy DCT verzió.
függő lettem.
Mindig más motorok voltak mellette, most egy egyedi XV950 cu racer és egy elektromos roller állt mellette a garázsban.
Én magam javítom és alakítom át a motorkerékpárjaimat.
Remélem tudok segíteni technikai kérdésekben.
(bár kevés időt töltök a számítógép előtt...inkább a garázsban vagy a motoromon vagy a barátnőmmel töltöm az időt)
Ez az első alkalom!
Mindenkinek széles utat és széles mosolyt kívánunk!
Péter from Hungary19912ea2615e29501b9f075a8ace3479.jpg

Hi All,
Returning biker after 30 years. An NC 700s will soon be my only form of transport. I'm currently based in Ireland but originally from Scotland and have lived in other parts of Europe as well.
I won't be commuting but will be doing a daily with the hike and further afield on holiday.
I'm sure I will get tons of tips and advice here but will probably lurk a bit as don't really have any up to date experience to bring to the forums

Back