• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi Greg and welcome to the forum! Hope you like your bike and the forum. Tons of great information here and some real good people. Have fun!

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to this bike .... ... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go for a ride.... The world disappears... my Yamaha FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work as an instructor at the British Columbia Institute Of Technology..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next....

Dennis

Hi Dennis, and hello everyone.

My name is Jay. I was born in raised in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, CA. I am a Pre-Med Student. First of all, Thanks Dennis. I was really happy to see this site, As there is not very much dedicated to this Bike yet.

Currently I am a Pre-Med student, and work as a Medic; I drive an Ambulance. I moved back to Cali to go back to College/Medical School. Formerly, I was living in Hawaii, and working in my previous work-field as an Electrical Contractor/Surf Bum...lol

I got the bike to help my commutes all over Los Angeles. I've had Maxi Scooters before that I cruised the Island on, but this is my first motorcycle. That's why I got he DCT; I wanted to smooth out the learning curve in LA traffic...lol

I have the 2012 NC700X DCT. Everything is pretty stock. I have done a few little upgrades:
1. I have installed a SPY5000 two-way paging alarm w/ autostart/kill (Pretty freekin sweet)
2. I wired in a 12 volt plug for charging.
3. I have purchased a GPR "Thunder Deeptone" Exhaust
4. I have purchased a JVM Concept "Tail Tidy" kit.

I have not received the tail kit, or exhaust, but I will be posting pics as soon as all the work is done.

Hope to meet many of you in future posts !!

Aloha,
Jay Fridays

Last edited:
I am from Roswell, Georgia USA and just bought a 2012 NC700X 6 speed. I bought it used with 1700 miles yesterday. Totally stock now. First thing will be to add a mounting plate for my Givi 52L trunk that is currently mounted on my Moto Guzzi EVT. I will add panniers before I take it camping or on long trips. I really think I am going to like this bike. -Gary

Hi- Dave from Minnesota. Picked this up on Monday, been wanting one since before they hit the US dealers. Love it, happy I waited until they came in red. Matches the ole' 3-wheeler ;)

IMG_1258.JPG

Hello fellow NC owners and and enthusiasts. I recently became an NC700XA owner (just a few hours ago). I currently live in Stuttgart, Germany. Hopefully I will take my riding test next week. It is a shame that non european foreign licenses are not valid 6 (12 if you will leave the country for good in less than 1 year) months after one moves to Germany!

Hello from Switzerland

Hi All,
Purchased an NC700x today, ex demonstrator from honda dealer in Lausanne.
Collecting it this Wednesday, test drove it and loved it. White and black.
Had my eye on 2 other nc700x bikes (used) and they both sold within the last 2weeks so was not letting this one pass me by. Whilst I was at the dealership today he had a queue of customers all wanting to buy nc700x bikes.
My current bike is Yamaha XT600 Tenere, its a 1987 year and done 60,000 km so nearly retirement time for it! Served me well and great up and down the Swiss mountain roads. Shakes itself to pieces going over 100km though!
I have had a few near misses with my brakes aswell and feel combined abs and a modern bike is going to save me, before the bike literally dies on me in the middle of a motorway. Modern bike nc700x was so smooth compared to the clunky ride of my thumper and just had to upgrade. Also had. Gilera nexus 500cc scooter and the functionality of the storage for a helmet is awesome, on that scooter it was under the seat.

Really looking forward to Wednesday and am like a school kid at Christmas , wanting to go to bed early so Wednesday comes round faster

Love this forum...
Already made contact with Chris (Elite member) on this forum and wow small world he lives 5 minutes away. Quite a few Brits in Switzerland with this bike also and think a meet is definitely on the cards.

My only slight concern but purchased the bike anyway is:
The bike is first registered in Feb 2013 and has already got 6000km on the clock.
Is this excessive for a demo bike in just 4 months?
Dealer says they have just done the second service!! Does this sound right!
It's still under factory warranty till 03/2014.

Also bit of discolouring of the metal/chrome exhaust already and slightly rusty exhaust pipe under the bike.

Anyway can't wait to get it.

Will be seeking advice re windscreen for taller person (is the honda touring one the best bet?) or for the swiss members are the ones from polo moto (MRA or ABM touring) better.
Luggage options.
Engine guard.
Hand guards (quite like them on my tenere enduro) and now seems weird to ride without them (well on the test anyway)

Thanks all.

Mike

Back