• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Redbird

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I just joined this forum. I'm from Colorado, USA and just bought a 2017 NC700x yesterday with around 6000 miles on it. Due to my stubby legs, I also ordered my 1st mod - lowering links! Also a factory service manual from Helminc.com.
It seems to be a good fit for me as an old dude, but i won't be riding it again until those links arrive and get installed. Tippy toes at a stop won't cut it for me. The bike has some nice add-ons already installed - center stand, radiator guard, adjustable levers, relocated foot pegs, and mounts for side cases. Time will tell how a get along with the seat. The other bikes I have had all got Russell Day-Long seats, This one may well get their Sport Seat version.

WELCOME

My wife rides a lowered 2016 NC700x and today I installed a Russell Day-Long saddle on her bike.

The NC is a great all around bike, I'm sure you will enjoy the ride.

Hey Redbird! I'm new here too. From Ontario Canada. Let me know which lowering links you're getting and how the are for you. I'm 5'5" so somewhat tippy-toed myself so am considering same. Ride on!
FWIW my wife's bike has the Soupy's Performance adjustable lowering link. It costs more than the Chinese knock-offs but I wanted something that I could trust.

BTW, if you lower the bike you will need to shorten the kickstand.

Thanks all! I ordered the Soupy's Performance lowering link. I will indeed shorten the kickstand too.
I cut about an inch out of the shaft of my wife’s kickstand and welded it back together. Not as pretty as if a skilled welder had done the job but it works! If you don’t weld then I’d bet any local machine shop would be able to cut & weld it back together for a very small fee. It’s a simple job.

Back