• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

jlcaudle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys I joined last night so that I can read up on the NC and follow what's going on with them. I don't have an NC yet but as soon as I sell my KLR or find someone to trade I might. My goal is to get my son started on the NC even though he is getting into it later than I. I started riding at age 6, 52 now and I have had just about every bike imaginable except for HD. So back to the NC are they reliable bikes as Honda has always been known for? Any specific issues that's common with them? TIA for your input

Welcome to the forum!

We/I have a 9 year record with the NC700/750, beginning in 2012 in the USA. There have been only a few recalls and service campaigns over the years. Overall, the manual transmission has had no trouble spots. The automatic DCT has rare issues with shifter motors and a "shifter pin" going bad. The engine and chassis has been solid reliable, except for a few very rare cases of cam chain tensioner trouble. I can highly recommend the NC product for it's overall reliability.

The latest 2021 models are only just now trickling in to the States, and it has a few changes from past model years. The jury hasn't heard all the evidence to decide whether there are any reliability issues with the 2021.

Nc is a good solid bike (hey, it’s a Honda). If you Son has not ridden before it might be best to start with something smaller/lighter until he gets the basics down. Traffic today, with all the brain dead drivers in cars, can make motorcycling a bit more of a challenge. Newbies invariably drop a bike a couple times, much less painful on a cheap beater than a new bike. Also, light weight is easier to learn on than a heavier machine. The NC carries her weight down low and is a pretty darn nice all ‘rounder. I came from a GL1800 Wing and a Triumph Tiger-I’m enjoying the NC’s balance and handling. Stay safe!

Back