• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Mexico-Riding through the high altitude desert air

Reaction score
Visit site
344.jpg340.jpg255.jpgI just purchased a 2012 NC700x and smile as I see I am getting 74 mpg. I had a 1986 BMWr80rt for 4.5 years with 92,000 miles and thought it was time to go newer. With year round riding in Albuquerque, I needed a good commuting bike that was practical, fun, and reliable. This bike seemed to fit: and the price was unbeatable. I have added 2 soft bags from cycle gear, a 22" windshield, center stand, wind deflectors, battery charger plug, and shimmed the front tab of the seat to add 1/4" to even out the seat. I am very pleased with this start and look forward to many great rides both around the city and state. May God watch over us all as we cruise the streets!

Last edited:
I'm less worried about god watching and more about bus drivers watching but Welcome to the Group!!!

I have added ... a 22" windshield....
Which one, please?

Looks like you treat your bikes well. A nice carpeted parking space.

Welcome from SE AZ and, to add to DanH's comment, not only bus drivers but campers, 18 wheelers, and generally everyone bigger than we are (which is pretty much everything else on the road).

The top picture is the complete bike with the new windshield and all. Dan... I hear you, the daily practice for the best ride is constant and that which is unforeseeable I leave to God. Thanks for the welcome.

The windshield is a Parabellum indeed. They come in 20,22,and 24 inch sizes. They are easy to install and seem to hold up well on the highway @70mph. The top and side edges light up at night because the headlight shines through it. It looks pretty cool and makes me a bit more visible at night. Being 6 feet tall, the 22 inch fits me well so that I get a little wind on my face for summer riding and if I duck a couple of inches I can feel or hear no wind for winter commuting. The handlebars fit just fine with this too--even turned as far as they will go. With shipping it was $173.

Welcome Jonathan! I am envious of anyone who nature allows to ride all year long. Here in Michigan, you can tough out the cold but no getting around the icy roads and snow. Enjoy!

Hi Jonathan;

I was waiting for another Burqueno to show up on the forum. Congrats on your new investment and happy riding. I'm in Rio Rancho and commute to Santa Fe regularly so if you have any questions about the bike, I've had mine since last October.
Rick F.

Thanks for the welcomes from Michigan and Oregon. We do enjoy a lot of dry weather here but have recently been getting a lot of aft. showers. We could use the rain, but it makes me thinks twice before going out for a ride.

Greeting also to Vancouver---my wife and I were there for the World's Fair in 1986 for our honeymoon. And Old Can Ride-- I have not driven those areas but like South 14 up to Mountainair. And Rick F.--thanks for the "shout out" from my neighborhood--I am in Paradise Hills and picked up my ride at Honda West. They were quite friendly and helpful. I think we might have a common biker friend, Craig Jantzi. ?

Last edited:
Howdy from NW Albuquerque. Just bought my NT700 from West Honda in April. Great dealership! I have almost 5,000 miles already after a trip to Spearfish 2 weeks ago for the national NT get together. Would enjoy having someone local to go riding with.
Rich

Back