• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC750X DCT owner....

tcmackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2018 NC750X with the DCT and ABS. It had 1003 miles on it and the guy traded in for a Kawasaki Concourse to keep up with his buddies. Although I paid $7999 for it, the guy had added the center stand and heated grips along with the two Honda side bags and trunk. So, being just broken in I though it was a fair deal. I am very impressed with the DCT and it works flawlessly!! Only complaint is the handlebar location. Feels like I need about an inch rise and two inches back in reach to fit ME. Has anyone added anything like this to their bike and are there better ones and ones to stay away from?? All help appreciated at this point!!

Used to be you could find high-quality up-and-back risers on ebay for $20-30 shipped, ones that used pretty much all the cable and wire slack available. Dunno if that's still the case but I suspect it is.

Note that the ABS model is more restrictive as to the length of the brake fluid hose. I encountered this problem with mine (2015 ABS) and 1.2" risers was the maximum I could use without rerouting the hose from master cylinder to the ABS modulator.

On my 750 DCT, bar risers and lowered footpegs made a huge improvement in comfort for me. Great improvement also when riding standing. Plus heated grips, taller windscreen that permits me to ride with my visor open at highway speeds. With my topcase and side cases, I now own the perfect bike! :)

You could have a problem with the length of the DCT cable. It could be too short for bar risers.
On my 750 DCT, bar risers and lowered footpegs made a huge improvement in comfort for me. Great improvement also when riding standing. Plus heated grips, taller windscreen that permits me to ride with my visor open at highway speeds. With my topcase and side cases, I now own the perfect bike! :)
Witch brand of risers did you use? Thanks.

Back