• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NCX Owner Excited Despite Rain Delay

Backroads

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I've been stalking these boards for a few weeks ever since I did a test ride on the NCX. So already I need to thank you all for your valuable insight and experience.
I'm happy to report that as of Friday evening, I am the proud owner of a gorgeous red 2013 NC700X (manual version).

Unfortunately I had to attend a far-flung wedding on Saturday and couldn't ride. And it's been raining here since Sunday. I'm counting the minutes until Wednesday when it should be dry enough to get my odometer into double digits.

Just a little about my motorcycle past:
I've been the frustrated owner of a temperamental 1999 SV650 for the last 5 years. It is often a grin-inducing blast to ride, but more often the SV is content to be a lesson in motorcycle repair and maintenance. I've learned a lot by doing it all myself, but I'm ready for something reliable. Hence my new NCX. I'll be selling the SV to my coworker despite my warnings to him that it's a headache.

Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot here and hopefully being able to contribute something worthwhile.

-Mike

Welcome from Illinois! Glad you could join the group.

Greg

Welcome from Oregon. You could've kept the rain down there! Actually, I hope it clears up so you can ride. Nothing more frustrating than having a brand new bike just sitting there. As for your colleague buying your old bike, you have given fair warning. Caveat emptor!

Welcome from Southern California! I'm just 468 miles away!

If you ever want to go to Disneyland, just PM me, and you can stay with us two nights for FREE!

Welcome from SW Missouri! I think you will like adjusting the valves on the NC better than the SV. The plastics, not so much.

Back