• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Owner - NE Florida

SS Twin

Reaction score
Visit site
Checking in with the NC community! I just picked up a sweet 2012 NC700X, nicely farkled, and in excellent condition. I'm a long time (aka "old" ;)) rider and I like all brands. Have had the good fortune of owning many nice rides including several Hondas. '83 VFR 750, 86 VFR 700, CBR 600, '97 Valkyrie Bumble Bee (one of my all time favorites), PC 800, and Reflex scooter.

Many BMW's, lot's of "Italians", a few Harleys, but now the NC and a 2018 Harley M8 Low Rider softail are in the garage keeping each other company.

2 members of this forum were most helpful in helping me get and "bond" with my new NC. First is Dave, "dduelin" who is my best riding buddy and good friend here in FL. His experience with 2 NC's and his willingness to help, share, answer questions is second to none. A humble expert, and a true friend for almost 15 years.

The second member is Tim "Red Rider" who I reached out to for help in checking out the NC I was considering. The bike and owner were in Bessemer, AL about 500 miles from me here in FL. Searching the forum, I had seen a number of his posts and noticed that he was from the Birmingham area. One quick PM, and then a great phone conversation and Tim was on his way to meet up with the seller, do an inspection, and a checkout ride. THANK YOU Tim for that and your willingness to discuss options, accessories, things to watch out for. You were so helpful.

Back to Dave once more. After I trailered the NC home last weekend, Dave volunteered to help do a "baseline" maintenance on my new NC. Oil, filter, chain adjust, overall "nut and bolt" inspection at my place. Talk about service!! And friendship, again thank you Dave.

Looking at a few changes/extras. Bought a Seat Concepts seat from a member here and have done the showkey seat slope mod. Want to put on hand guards and better heated grips than what is on it now. Other than that, let's ride!

Hope to catch up with others here in the virtual world or preferably in the real world.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and much happier 2021. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
Welcome! I live close to you and know Dave as well and like you, I just bought an NC too. Sweet little bike! I am in the process of making it fit me with a few mods. I will send you a pm with my contact info and if you want to grab a cup of coffee or go for a ride, let me know.

By the way, are you or Dave @dduelin going to the BMW Winter Rally Jan 22nd weekend? I registered and am planning to go and camp weather permitting.
Brad (aka Bullit)

Last edited:
Checking in with the NC community! I just picked up a sweet 2012 NC700X, nicely farkled, and in excellent condition. I'm a long time (aka "old" ;)) rider and I like all brands. Have had the good fortune of owning many nice rides including several Hondas. '83 VFR 750, 86 VFR 700, CBR 600, '97 Valkyrie Bumble Bee (one of my all time favorites), PC 800, and Reflex scooter.

Many BMW's, lot's of "Italians", a few Harleys, but now the NC and a 2018 Harley M8 Low Rider softail are in the garage keeping each other company.

2 members of this forum were most helpful in helping me get and "bond" with my new NC. First is Dave, "dduelin" who is my best riding buddy and good friend here in FL. His experience with 2 NC's and his willingness to help, share, answer questions is second to none. A humble expert, and a true friend for almost 15 years.

The second member is Tim "Red Rider" who I reached out to for help in checking out the NC I was considering. The bike and owner were in Bessemer, AL about 500 miles from me here in FL. Searching the forum, I had seen a number of his posts and noticed that he was from the Birmingham area. One quick PM, and then a great phone conversation and Tim was on his way to meet up with the seller, do an inspection, and a checkout ride. THANK YOU Tim for that and your willingness to discuss options, accessories, things to watch out for. You were so helpful.

Back to Dave once more. After I trailered the NC home last weekend, Dave volunteered to help do a "baseline" maintenance on my new NC. Oil, filter, chain adjust, overall "nut and bolt" inspection at my place. Talk about service!! And friendship, again thank you Dave.

Looking at a few changes/extras. Bought a Seat Concepts seat from a member here and have done the showkey seat slope mod. Want to put on hand guards and better heated grips than what is on it now. Other than that, let's ride!

Hope to catch up with others here in the virtual world or preferably in the real world.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and much happier 2021. Cheers!
Thank you for the kind words Steve. I hope the NC is as enjoyable to you as mine were.

Thanks for the welcome, Brad and Dave. Nice to have some "reinforcements" in the NE FL area. Hope we can all meet up for coffee, riding, whatever.:cool::)

Where in NE Florida? My wife lives west of Gainesville (which I hope to join her in the summer permanently)....I keep a little KLX250sf in the garage in Florida when I visit so I have something to ride when I am down there (live in southern Indiana for now).....Welcome to the club...

Hi David, thanks for the welcome. I'm in Fernandina Beach, north of Jacksonville, about a 2 hour ride to Gainesville. Dave Duelin ad I ride there regularly. Let us know when you are down this way and let's meet up!

Hi David, thanks for the welcome. I'm in Fernandina Beach, north of Jacksonville, about a 2 hour ride to Gainesville. Dave Duelin ad I ride there regularly. Let us know when you are down this way and let's meet up!
Next trip down will be in March....depends on how many 'honey do's' I have to do in a week...LOL

Welcome Steve! Very happy for you!. I‘m certain you’ll enjoy the NC. Hope I can one day slip down your way for a ride.
Happy Holidays :cool:

Back