• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Signals

I also installed the ELFR-1-H and it works great. An electronic flasher relay should always flash at the same speed; i.e. the rate of flash is not dependent on the resistive load connected to the circuit.

You can get the CustomLED flashers on eBay from the seller custom_led_llc:
@halfSpinDoctor I swapped my signal bulbs for LEDs and I bought the same flasher from customLed as mentioned by you. Everything works fine except compared to the original flasher by Honda, my hazard light will not continue to flash when the ignition is switched off. Did you encounter the same issue?

@halfSpinDoctor I swapped my signal bulbs for LEDs and I bought the same flasher from customLed as mentioned by you. Everything works fine except compared to the original flasher by Honda, my hazard light will not continue to flash when the ignition is switched off. Did you encounter the same issue?
My hazards quit flashing with the key off but I don’t recall what they did with the OEM flasher. Is there a key position by the steering lock that allows them to flash?

I installed an LED compatible flasher many years ago. The hazard lights then no longer flashed with the key off. I never found an LED flasher that would behave exactly like the OEM. It is not a problem for me as I never have any reason to be in that situation

Everything works fine except compared to the original flasher by Honda, my hazard light will not continue to flash when the ignition is switched off. Did you encounter the same issue?
Yes, unfortunately the LED flasher module does not have this nice feature :(

I don’t recall what they did with the OEM flasher. Is there a key position by the steering lock that allows them to flash?
With the original flasher, if you have the ignition in the 'on' position, turn on the 4-way flasher, then turn the ignition 'off' the signals continue to flash. If you have the bike off and the 4-way flashers are off, they will not come on.

It was a cool feature. I could see it being useful for an emergency where you have to stop by the side of the road, and want to walk away from the bike, take the key with you, but still have the lights on for some visibility.

I am working on rewiring my aux lighting. I am going to use a latch relay and the always-hot power supplied by the white wire in the 6P accessory connector so that I can have the option to leave the aux lights on instead.

Back