• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Important New Software bug thread

On the previous board software I always had to upload elsewhere and put the image link here, otherwise it was changed to tiny size and low-quality. Test...
F7B67EFE-89E2-4861-9E32-45B71750FC58.jpeg
Ah, this is easy and very nice, now. Thanks!
(Size reduced by me in Snapseed on my iPad. Grand Canyon North Rim, from my volunteer gig last summer. I don’t know these tourists. ;))

On the previous board software I always had to upload elsewhere and put the image link here, otherwise it was changed to tiny size and low-quality. Test...
View attachment 41462
Ah, this is easy and very nice, now. Thanks!
(Size reduced by me in Snapseed on my iPad. Grand Canyon North Rim, from my volunteer gig last summer. I don’t know these tourists. ;))

We were in the area in May. I could not believe how stupid some people were...

Idk if it's only related to my work pc's or not, but on 3 different work pc's I have issues where every so often if I'm on the same page reading, or click and loading a new page, a box pops up saying the revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available and asks if I want to proceed. It's done it since before the site upgrade, I thought it would be fixed with the site upgrade. I have since moved into a new position and am on my 2nd PC (first was temp) and both of these 2 and my old one used in my old position would display this notification. I can't click or stay on a page very long without it popping up repeatedly. No matter if I click yes or no to proceed. And I have to click it twice for it to go away, then it pops back up the next time I click something or remain on the page for another 15-30 seconds.

Anyone else encountering this? May just be my work pc's. I haven't been on this site on my home pc in a long time (most the time I use my phone outside of work) so I can't remember if it does it or not.

Idk if it's only related to my work pc's or not, but on 3 different work pc's I have issues where every so often if I'm on the same page reading, or click and loading a new page, a box pops up saying the revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available and asks if I want to proceed. It's done it since before the site upgrade, I thought it would be fixed with the site upgrade. I have since moved into a new position and am on my 2nd PC (first was temp) and both of these 2 and my old one used in my old position would display this notification. I can't click or stay on a page very long without it popping up repeatedly. No matter if I click yes or no to proceed. And I have to click it twice for it to go away, then it pops back up the next time I click something or remain on the page for another 15-30 seconds.

Anyone else encountering this? May just be my work pc's. I haven't been on this site on my home pc in a long time (most the time I use my phone outside of work) so I can't remember if it does it or not.

I'm thinking it's related to your work computer settings, I haven't had that problem on my phone or personal computer, but have run into the same thing on my computer at work as well

Since the upgrade to the new site I have been frustrated when reading old posts that link back to other forum pages. All of the old links are broken given the new URL format.

I created this Excel workbook to convert old links into the new format (you need to download it or open in Google Sheets in Chrome for it to work - no macros or anything potentially dangerous).

For instance, if you try to go to this old link:

You get an error:
1580180686747.png

If you paste that link into my spreadsheet it will flip it around to the new format:
1580180766329.png

I just thought it was a fun exercise and wanted to share if anyone else finds it useful. I hand jammed the URL change by comparing the old format to the new one and then thought I would try to make it work in Excel. It works for specific post links and general forum links but not at all for group links.

Since the upgrade to the new site I have been frustrated when reading old posts that link back to other forum pages. All of the old links are broken given the new URL format.

I created this Excel workbook to convert old links into the new format (you need to download it or open in Google Sheets in Chrome for it to work - no macros or anything potentially dangerous).

For instance, if you try to go to this old link:

You get an error:
View attachment 41607

If you paste that link into my spreadsheet it will flip it around to the new format:
View attachment 41608

I just thought it was a fun exercise and wanted to share if anyone else finds it useful. I hand jammed the URL change by comparing the old format to the new one and then thought I would try to make it work in Excel. It works for specific post links and general forum links but not at all for group links.
Thanks again for doing this When I first saw it I
thought it was an awesome idea. Now I'm trying to use it however, and I'm running into some problems that are likely "me" related, but I was wondering if you might be able to help?
When I open that Excel link it says it's a read-only copy and I'm not able to input. Is there something easy that I'm missing?
Thank you

Wish photos could be shown a bit larger, but oh well – all my photos link to flickr which can do as large as one's screen resolution...

Thanks again for doing this When I first saw it I
thought it was an awesome idea. Now I'm trying to use it however, and I'm running into some problems that are likely "me" related, but I was wondering if you might be able to help?
When I open that Excel link it says it's a read-only copy and I'm not able to input. Is there something easy that I'm missing?
Thank you

You probably need to download and save on your computer. Then it is your copy and you should be able to do what you want with it.

Could some tags be added for Admins and us users to the Buy/Sell sections? SOLD, PENDING, CLOSE, FS/FT
This will help the mods clean up old marketplace posts and buyers can see an items status
Capture.PNG

Great idea!..... Done
Looks good … could you add a PENDING and a CLOSE tag also. I had a WTB request and have now found what I was looking for. A CLOSE tag is searchable making the admins job easier. Also maybe send an email to all of the new feature!

Last edited:
The tags are a great idea. However, if a seller doesn’t bother to update their sale status (which is common), even with the tags, there will still be old for-sale posts that go stale. When I have the time, I just delete anything over 6 months old.

Back