• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Soggy Member - Cascadian checking in

Janus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello pals, longtime lurker finally checking in.

Back in May of '17 I went into a shop intending on buying a 2017 CBR300RR to commute on as baby's first brand new vehicle. Obviously that didn't happen. 32k miles later and I've gone from being afraid to do anything beyond changing my oil to showing my girlfriend how to check the valves and swap the chain & sprockets. Well, I'm waiting on the sprockets, but soon. Soon.

forest small.jpg
valley small.jpg

I get to ride all year long running 70.58mpg on average. I've had several 500 mile days, even doing two-up. Did a three-day camping trip with my buddy covering about 1000 miles. I certainly have gripes about the bike, mostly having to do with the chore of chain maintenance on an otherwise glorious hypercommuter. And, I'm a tad too tall for my tractor. Life is hard.

Screenshot_20190131-014237_Fuelio.jpg
As you can see, most of my riding was done in the first year. I've got a lot of catching up to do! To that end, I am hoping to pull off a SaddleSore 1000 ride this summer. Any advice is welcome!

Hello pals, longtime lurker finally checking in.

Back in May of '17 I went into a shop intending on buying a 2017 CBR300RR to commute on as baby's first brand new vehicle. Obviously that didn't happen. 32k miles later and I've gone from being afraid to do anything beyond changing my oil to showing my girlfriend how to check the valves and swap the chain & sprockets. Well, I'm waiting on the sprockets, but soon. Soon.

View attachment 37721
View attachment 37722

I get to ride all year long running 70.58mpg on average. I've had several 500 mile days, even doing two-up. Did a three-day camping trip with my buddy covering about 1000 miles. I certainly have gripes about the bike, mostly having to do with the chore of chain maintenance on an otherwise glorious hypercommuter. And, I'm a tad too tall for my tractor. Life is hard.

View attachment 37723
As you can see, most of my riding was done in the first year. I've got a lot of catching up to do! To that end, I am hoping to pull off a SaddleSore 1000 ride this summer. Any advice is welcome!
Chain maintenance was a constant attempt at finding a better way.
I installed a Tutoro chain oiler and after getting that setup chain maintenance hasn't been an issue at all, I fill the reservoir once every week or two and don't have to think about it. My chains last a bit longer and I'm rarely cleaning or adjusting it.

Former cascade washingtonian here! Parents used to live in Concrete until 2013. Think highway bars, comfy seat and tall windshield would make your 1000 mile trek much easier. Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Former cascade washingtonian here! Parents used to live in Concrete until 2013. Think highway bars, comfy seat and tall windshield would make your 1000 mile trek much easier. Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, that's one of my favorite parts of the state. Even that far north has changed a lot in just a few years.

Highway bars are next on my list, then the windshield. I've been telling myself the entire time that I don't mind the stock saddle. I'm either one of a dozen people who believe that, or I'm too cheap to invest in my buns.

My only other real experience with motorcycle saddles is on my Suzuki C50. I sink into that seat, and it ends up being more uncomfortable despite being softer.

Welcome aboard from Olympia. There are enough of us in the Puget Sound area, we really ought to get together for a ride.
>Thom

Nice, that's one of my favorite parts of the state. Even that far north has changed a lot in just a few years.

Highway bars are next on my list, then the windshield. I've been telling myself the entire time that I don't mind the stock saddle. I'm either one of a dozen people who believe that, or I'm too cheap to invest in my buns.

My only other real experience with motorcycle saddles is on my Suzuki C50. I sink into that seat, and it ends up being more uncomfortable despite being softer.
I'm hoping it's changed for the better I lived in Marblemount and went to school in concrete but that was well over a decade ago.
I'm fine with the stock seat as well, with the slope fix and a set of bar risers and I've been comfortable for many miles.
I've got a OEM tall screen and I'm going to add a laminar lip. I use my motorcycle almost entirely for commuting so I haven't made highway pegs a priority

Last edited:
Welcome to the ride Janus, i'm just 300 miles east of you guys in Idaho! I to am tall, 6'5" 220lb. I have a nice Shad drivers seat and a nearly new/unused pillion to match that i'm parting with. PM me and i can send you some pictures of if you're interested. I also have a taller Madstad i might part with. i'll check the shed and see what all i may have that's be helpful for you.

Later this spring i too am looking at doing a bun-burner 1000. I've mapped out a couple of routes, but haven't decided which i'll do just yet. All the best, Ride Safe! :{)

Hey Janus. I just looked at those photos a little closer and realized that is Carnation Farm. I fly r/c gliders there a couple times each year. A beautiful little road through the west side of that valley.
>Thom

Back