• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New SW-Motech ABS Aero Panniers

Thunderstick

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd post this up and give a little initial feed back. This is the SW-MOTECH Aero ABS side cases on EVO racks. The top case fits on the street tail piece. They are all quick on, off. The whole thing can be removed and replaced in about a minute, including side racks. I think they look slick, are very lightweight and should work out perfectly for commuting. Add in a dry bag and I'm on tour. 20200602_055133.jpg20200602_055144.jpg20200602_055204.jpg

If you go on tour, or even if you don't, you may want to install some surface mount LED lights to the back of those boxes with QA wiring connectors. Installed them inside my wife's Givi V35 boxes by removing the reflectors and putting in the LEDS. Installed them on the surface of my H&B pannier boxes. It was actually very simple to wire them in to get turn/tail light functions. The adhesive is a 3M automotive foam tape, they have held up to rain, washes, etc. Amber for turn, red for running. In the photo on the bottom left if shows my NC750x and my wife's NC700x with the added lights lit up. Bottom right shows my bike only, but with the right turn signal lit. Our goal is to BE SEEN by motorists.

fullsizeoutput_72ac.jpg

I like that extra lighting you have there! Did you tap directly into the taillight wires? I'm all about being seen as well (I look like a giant highlighter on a motorcycle).btw, Hopin on another forum.

Yes, just undo the plastics under the rear seat and the rear end and you have access to the wires. I found a wiring chart online, it was from 2015(?) but the wire colors were the same as both of our bikes (‘16 & ‘18). It was actually easier than I thought it would be.

I bought waterproof Quick-Attach connectors off Amazon and used some PosiTaps to tap into the existing wires. I can disconnect each wire and remove the side boxes in about 60 seconds. Simple and close to idiot proof (which is necessary for me!)

Drilled 2 holes in the plastic above the license plate to run out the wires, waterproofed the holes with silicone. Twist lock 3 wire connectors to run turn signal wire, ground wire and running light wire. LEDs are adhesive backed and stick to the surface of the panniers. Simple set up. Works like a charm.

My only gripe is that I bought really cheap LEDs. While they work they are not as bright as I would like during the daytime. In bright sun they are not as visible as some of the name brand LEDs. If I had to do it over again I'd buy a premium LED. Don't ever let anyone tell you they are all the same. That is bulls#!t. If/when these fail I will spend money on Denali, AdMore or some other brand that is brighter. These are plenty bright at night, just not so in the day.

FWIW, I have Denali DRL LEDs on the front forks, they are crazy bright and worth the money if your goal is to be seen.

174CC8CE-CBD2-4081-BDF4-502220D7DE89.jpg

Last edited:
I like these. Do you happen to have part numbers for the mounting brackets. My head spins when trying to work all that out on sites like Twisted Throttle.

I like these. Do you happen to have part numbers for the mounting brackets. My head spins when trying to work all that out on sites like Twisted Throttle.

SW-MOTECH EVO side carriers KFT.01.699.20000.B

SW-MOTECH Street Rack GPT0169916000B

SW-MOTECH AERO ABS Textile Side Case Set | 50L
BCHTA0067512000B

SW-MOTECH Aero Sidecase Adapter For EVO Side Carriers
KFT.00.152.22500.B

URBAN ABS Top Case For STREET RACK And ADVENTURE RACK | 16-29L
BCHTA0067721000B

All from Twisted Throttle, all out of stock!

Thought I'd post this up and give a little initial feed back. This is the SW-MOTECH Aero ABS side cases on EVO racks. The top case fits on the street tail piece. They are all quick on, off. The whole thing can be removed and replaced in about a minute, including side racks. I think they look slick, are very lightweight and should work out perfectly for commuting. Add in a dry bag and I'm on tour. View attachment 42207View attachment 42208View attachment 42209

I like the look and fit, and my 2016 NC came with the SW-Motech top rack installed. But I can't find these panniers on their web site. Help!

Still looking. Can't connect to moto-tech.us no Twisted Throttle today.

FYI: For BRIGHT tail/brake lights, search for Whelen LIN3 lights. Best available, developed for emergency vehicles. My 12016 NC is the 4th bike for mine.

Back