• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to Honda NC 750x DCT (plan to trade my Aprilia Mana)

MICTEX

Reaction score
Visit site
I am currently riding a 2010 Aprilia Mana and plan to trade it in for a 2019 NC 750X DCT.

I enjoyed my Aprilia, but with the lack of dealership support in the Toronto area it's time for it to go.

Looking to join a group of like-minded NC 750X DCT owners.

I will have lots of questions. Saddle bags, lowering kit, centre stand, top case...etc.

But for now, I am just introducing myself.

Michael

If you want to lower it, have you considered the CTX700? It's the same basic bike, but somewhat lower (and with different styling etc)

the mana seat height is pretty high, you might not need a lowering kit. try it first and wait for the suspension to settle, you might find that you dont need it

Welcome Michael and Robert - regarding the lowering links, I also felt I might need to do that as I found it necessary on my Versys, but this bike has a much lower center of gravity and feels so much lighter that I felt very confident with the stock height, even with just the balls of my feet touching down. Try it for a while to see what you think, you may be good to go.

Fun facts - I'm 5'7", 30 inch inseam. My 2015 Versys (awesome bike, had to sell it, needed a dct) had a 33 inch seat height, I think my 2018 NC is 32.7". They weigh about the same but you'd swear the NC is 100 lbs lighter.

Welcome Michael and Robert - regarding the lowering links, I also felt I might need to do that as I found it necessary on my Versys, but this bike has a much lower center of gravity and feels so much lighter that I felt very confident with the stock height, even with just the balls of my feet touching down. Try it for a while to see what you think, you may be good to go.

Fun facts - I'm 5'7", 30 inch inseam. My 2015 Versys (awesome bike, had to sell it, needed a dct) had a 33 inch seat height, I think my 2018 NC is 32.7". They weigh about the same but you'd swear the NC is 100 lbs lighter.

This is exactly how both the Suzuki WeeStrom and Versys felt when I rode them. Though both are a little lighter in weight compared to the NC their center of gravity is higher making the bikes harder to handle at a stop or at slow speeds.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Junkie: The CTX700N DCT is not available in Canada. I considered buying and importing one from the US. But the time and hassle was not worth it.

Robert : Check out Power Sports T.O. ask for Doug he’s one of the owners.

I lowered the Mana. So I will have to lower the NC also.

Again thank you for the warm welcome! Picked up the bike in July from Power Sports T.O.

View attachment 38990

So are you going to lower it?

We own 2 of them. My wife rides a lowered one and mine is stock.

If you decide you want to lower the bike there is an adjustable lowering kit you can buy from Soupy's. It is what we used on her bike. LINK => NC750X Lowering Link Links Kit (All Years)

They also sell an adjustable kickstand. I'm not smitten with the kickstand. But I bought one and now am planning to change it out. I am going to cut down her original kickstand, re-weld the base back onto the kickstand, and then reinstall the newly shortened original kickstand onto her bike.

So are you going to lower it?

We own 2 of them. My wife rides a lowered one and mine is stock.

If you decide you want to lower the bike there is an adjustable lowering kit you can buy from Soupy's. It is what we used on her bike. LINK => NC750X Lowering Link Links Kit (All Years)

They also sell an adjustable kickstand. I'm not smitten with the kickstand. But I bought one and now am planning to change it out. I am going to cut down her original kickstand, re-weld the base back onto the kickstand, and then reinstall the newly shortened original kickstand onto her bike.

I purchased the center stand and kickstand for the 700S, which is supposed to work for the lowered X. I ordered from Japan, but haven't lowered the bike as yet. I did get the soupy's links. I too and 5-7 with even shorter legs, 29" on a good day. I do get tired of climbing up, and I toe at stoplights. Thats ok, just I look foolish at times getting on and off.

Melensdad,

Yes! I lowered the bike. My dealership ordered the kit from Italy of all places. They also had to cut down the original kickstand. (re-weld the base etc...)

Melensdad,

Yes! I lowered the bike. My dealership ordered the kit from Italy of all places. They also had to cut down the original kickstand. (re-weld the base etc...)

My wife has the SOUPY's adjustable kickstand. It does a great job of punching holes in hot asphalt parking lots so she has to carry a pop can to use under her kickstand. I just lowered her bike again. We are hoping the rain holds off long enough to ride it this weekend. Maybe? At some point, when she is happy with the height of the seat I will cut and re-weld her original kickstand so she can eliminate the need to carry a pop can in her Frunk

Last edited:
Back