• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to me 2015 NC700x DCT

trjerm

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Tom here. I've been riding for 53 years and have been tickling my toes on most corners and a few racetracks for the majority of my riding.
Well I've also had 4 neck surgeries in the last 3years ( to many sudden stops in the first 65 years ) and my left hand can no longer operate a clutch , turn signals etc. So I started looking at the Dct Hondas ,vfr 1200 x DCT,( own a vfr 750)
Africa twin dct, Gold wing (to heavy ) Rebels ( not into cruisers like to tickle my toes) and theNC750x dct , but it's about a 5 month wait, so I found a 2015 NC700x dct in Tracy ,ca and got it last Thursday evening and road it home tenatively. I had skin cancer surgery Friday ,but on Saturday I got to take it on a nice 189 mile test drive down to placerville back up thru back roads to apple hill and Pollock pines than up 50 to Ice house Rd to Loon lake and Gerle creek res., Than down Wentworth springs to Stumpy meadows res and back to ice house than 50 to sly park and home. The ride was a gas ( hadn't ridden for a year and a half) and I got the tires scuffed in better ( had 1 1/2 " chicken strips now down to about 1/2" ) the bike handle remarkably good except the forks were pretty garring on icehouse and the tail box almost fell off. I'm pretty sure this bike will be an answer to my prayers to be able to keep riding once I sort out the suspension and do a full tune up. But it's pretty nice rt now except bar end wt to barkbister is missing and tail light bulb is burnt out and whoever installed it put the Phillips head bolt in way to tight for a 1 handed guy to get outPXL_20220626_001004840.jpg

Thanks for joining us and for your introduction.

Yes, the stock suspension is a low budget item, but there are ways to sort it out.

May you have many happy miles on the NC.

PXL_20220626_004600501.jpg
Thanks for joining us and for your introduction.

Yes, the stock suspension is a low budget item, but there are ways to sort it out.

May you have many happy miles on the NC.
What has been done with the forks , economically besides different fluid .
Has anyone tried different Honda Forks (F4I for example )
and any better honda rear shocks that are interchangeable

View attachment 49728

What has been done with the forks , economically besides different fluid .
Has anyone tried different Honda Forks (F4I for example )
and any better honda rear shocks that are interchangeable
The popular fork modifications are Racetech Gold Valve Emulators and a similar system offered by Cogent. I am not familiar with the Cogent details but I have RaceTech GVEs in my NC. The goal of these mods is to allow rapid movement of the forks on sharp bumps but maintain adequate damping for dips and smaller bumps. The cost of these fork mods is low.

Aftermarket shocks are the answer for the rear end, but they’ll set you back more $$.

Swapping suspension with other models is rarely mentioned here.

The popular fork modifications are Racetech Gold Valve Emulators and a similar system offered by Cogent. I am not familiar with the Cogent details but I have RaceTech GVEs in my NC. The goal of these mods is to allow rapid movement of the forks on sharp bumps but maintain adequate damping for dips and smaller bumps. The cost of these fork mods is low.

Aftermarket shocks are the answer for the rear end, but they’ll set you back more $$.

Swapping suspension with other models is rarely mentioned here.
Thanks On the VFR forums they always talk about swapping suspension parts in that the VFR's didn't have much better then the NC :))

Back