• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Newbie

Rollin

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m a 74-year-old newbie to a forum. I’ve been riding for 62 years. Lots of off road like Mexico to Canada, Alaska two times, from Austin, Texas, Newfoundland, New Zealand and all over the U.S. both on road and off road. Been riding a BMW GSA, a BMWK13S and a KLR. Cancer a few years ago with 39 rounds of radiation knocked my dick in the dirt. I’m weak and am getting a smaller bike - an NC 750 DCT 2022. It arrives in 10 days. I’ll ride on pavement mostly and will tour the states.
I need your recommendations on suppliers of center stand, crash bars, highway pegs, heated grips, hand guards, gps, windshield, panniers, and anything else I might need. I travel light and fairly fast. Test drove the bike and like it. Fits good. I always buy a day long seat by Russell. I’ll take my time adding this stuff but I’d like to start researching. I just retired, 5-11, 250 lbs with a 31” inseam with Klim gear. I’m going to ride til I can’t. I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks
Rollin

With you having 62 years riding experience, I think we’ll be asking you the questions, not the other way around.

I hope you enjoy the 750. Welcome to the forum. There’re lots of good people here.

Thanks for the welcome. It feels good. I’ve read lots of your threads and you guys know a lot. And I’ve still got much to learn. Please help me pick the good stuff to put on my bike. The dealer in Austin is not much help. They sell few of these bikes.

Thanks for the welcome. It feels good. I’ve read lots of your threads and you guys know a lot. And I’ve still got much to learn. Please help me pick the good stuff to put on my bike. The dealer in Austin is not much help. They sell few of these bikes.
T-Rex Racing has some good stuff and they’re out of Texas as well. Center stand, radiator guard, hand guards and side stand enlarger all look top notch. I prefer Givi luggage personally.

I’m a 74-year-old newbie to a forum. I’ve been riding for 62 years. Lots of off road like Mexico to Canada, Alaska two times, from Austin, Texas, Newfoundland, New Zealand and all over the U.S. both on road and off road. Been riding a BMW GSA, a BMWK13S and a KLR. Cancer a few years ago with 39 rounds of radiation knocked my dick in the dirt. I’m weak and am getting a smaller bike - an NC 750 DCT 2022. It arrives in 10 days. I’ll ride on pavement mostly and will tour the states.
I need your recommendations on suppliers of center stand, crash bars, highway pegs, heated grips, hand guards, gps, windshield, panniers, and anything else I might need. I travel light and fairly fast. Test drove the bike and like it. Fits good. I always buy a day long seat by Russell. I’ll take my time adding this stuff but I’d like to start researching. I just retired, 5-11, 250 lbs with a 31” inseam with Klim gear. I’m going to ride til I can’t. I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks
Rollin
As for the center stand, the least expensive option seems to be the genuine Honda accessory. No one has ever reported problems with the Honda stand, as far as I know. I have one and it works fine.

I hear the (pricey) Honda accessory heated grips work well, but I have preferred Oxford heated grips.

I also have the oem Honda centerstand, and have Oxford heated grips I need to install.

As also a light packer I get by with a Tourmaster tail bag on the back seat on trips. Everything I need fits in there and the frunk.

I also have a Givi windshield I picked up last fall but havent taken a trip with it yet. Does a good job on local rides

Returning from a trip to Tennessee last year:

at4bYtsh.jpg

Last edited:
I also have the oem Honda centerstand, and have Oxford heated grips I need to install.

As also a light packer I get by with a Tourmaster tail bag on the back seat on trips. Everything I need fits in there and the frunk.

I also have a Givi windshield I picked up last fall but havent taken a trip with it yet. Does a good job on local rides

at4bYtsh.jpg

at4bYtsh.jpg
Very helpful. Thanks. Aren’t helmets great for disguising age. I sleep with mine on. Enjoy your youth.

T-Rex Racing has some good stuff and they’re out of Texas as well. Center stand, radiator guard, hand guards and side stand enlarger all look top notch. I prefer Givi luggage personally.
Thank you. You guys are so helpful. I know none of this stuff.

As for the center stand, the least expensive option seems to be the genuine Honda accessory. No one has ever reported problems with the Honda stand, as far as I know. I have one and it works fine.

I hear the (pricey) Honda accessory heated grips work well, but I have preferred Oxford heated grips.
Honda center stand it is. Thanks

While it’s debated here, most folks recommend a radiator guard as one of your first upgrades. I use R&G (it’s fine, nothing special). T-Rex racing and SW motech all have them.

Back