• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Next step in evolution of Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)

lootzyan

Reaction score
Visit site
Next step in evolution of Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)

Latest from ADV Pulse:

Honda Officially Releases CRF1000L Africa Twin Specs

"...Honda’s unique Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) will be available as an option on the CRF1000L Africa Twin, with the use of a common crankcase keeping the width the same as the manual transmission version.
It features the standard manual mode—allowing the rider to operate gear shifts through triggers on the left handlebar—and two automatic modes. D mode offers the best balance of fuel efficiency and comfort cruising. S mode gives extra levels of sport performance, with three different shift patterns to choose from: S1, S2 and S3.
In certain situations on the road, such as during low-speed maneuvers, the DCT partially disengages the clutch to reduce the effect that quick throttle movements have on the chassis. Of course, DCT for the CRF1000L Africa Twin is also fully equipped to operate in an adventure environment. With the G switch on in any riding mode(???), the connection between the throttle and the rear wheel is more direct, which can be desirable in certain off-road situations.
Further new functionality for the DCT system comes in the form of incline detection. During ascents, upshifts are delayed in order to allow a higher rpm to be held; on descents, downshifts happen earlier to enable better engine braking...."

Move the DCT switch to my left foot and I'll be interested.

I have my left leg nicely stretched with foot on highway peg.
My thumbs in both hands are doing much better job in shifting modes and gears.

S1, S2, S3 means more more choices for the rider than with the present system. Now we're getting somewhere.

Having a common crankcase for manual vs DCT probably means the manual version is wider than it needs to be.

Last edited:
This a great improvment for me : "Further new functionality for the DCT system comes in the form of incline detection. During ascents, upshifts are delayed in order to allow a higher rpm to be held".

Off road (with the NC, it is "cool" offroad) with my DCT, I'm more confortable shifting with fingers...no doubt that if my next bike is an Africa Twin, it will be with this gearbox!

Nit picking here. I didn't see a centerstand in any pic. Surely that wouldn't be an accessory?

I'd like a red one, please....

Statements like this usually equates to pain in the butt to work on........."It also uses clever packaging of componentry to both dynamic and aesthetic effect. ".........Sorry, my pessimistic side showing......

True of the NC700XD as well (at least the 2015 model). Nice for parking lot maneuvers.

Interesting! This should be helpful. How does it feel?
Last two weeks I've been couple of times in bumper-to-bumper traffic with extra 130 lb ballast on my back. It gave me creeps and more sweating moving couple feet and stop.

Nit picking here. I didn't see a centerstand in any pic. Surely that wouldn't be an accessory?

I'd like a red one, please....

Surely it would be, as in it's a way to sell you another item. If you think about it, the center stand is about the only non essential part of a motorcycle that could be left off, then sold at additional cost.

Interesting! This should be helpful. How does it feel?
Last two weeks I've been couple of times in bumper-to-bumper traffic with extra 130 lb ballast on my back. It gave me creeps and more sweating moving couple feet and stop.

Move to California and then you won't have to stop!

Surely it would be, as in it's a way to sell you another item. If you think about it, the center stand is about the only non essential part of a motorcycle that could be left off, then sold at additional cost.

Honda should take a cue from Yamaha. I'm assuming the CRF is supposed to be competition to not only the BMW's but the Tenere. C'mon Momma Honda! Throw us a bone!

And here I was riding to work on my NC trying to figure if I could get enough trade-in for my Tenere and NC to get an African Twin -actually still figuring.....

Just talked to the dealer and centre stand will not be installed...

no way! so additional money for essential adds on for a bike in this rice range? that's cheap...
I cannot imagine bike that heavy without center stand :mad:

no way! so additional money for essential adds on for a bike in this rice range? that's cheap...
I cannot imagine bike that heavy without center stand :mad:

I just checked that SW-Motechs center stand doesn't cost that much (For VFR1200X and NC700X), so I think for CRF1000L it will be in similar range (160€).
But I hate that Honda does that... Yamaha and others have center stands installed :/

I just checked that SW-Motechs center stand doesn't cost that much (For VFR1200X and NC700X), so I think for CRF1000L it will be in similar range (160€).
But I hate that Honda does that... Yamaha and others have center stands installed :/

granted super tenere is more expensive though.

Honda assumed new AT is a dirt bike and such as center stand is not needed :p

Back