• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nite Ize Figure 9 rope tightener - seriously, just go buy them

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a small ratchet tie down to store in my bag for an upcoming trip - mainly to use on the ferry.

I took a walk through Harbor Freight looking for ideas and came across these:

Figure 9 Rope Tightener, Large with Camo Rope, Black Finish

It is the best tie down I have ever used. I added a velcro loop to secure the rope and it is a very compact, light and and secure to carry around.

fSDKK8h.jpg

(I recommend buying a pack of Velcro cable ties... they are immensely useful to have around the house - link HERE)

Manufacturer page here: Figure 9 Large (I bought the one that includes the 10ft of camo rope)

I regret not buying a couple more to keep in the cars and garage. I will be buying more next time I go but probably will go with the smaller size. MEC has a 4 pack of the "small" size with 4x8ft rope for $11 CAD -
Nite Ize Figure 9 Tent Line Kit

Nite Ize seems to be a pretty popular brand out there - shouldn't be hard to find at an outdoor supply store, amazon, etc.

Last edited:
I'm a hopeless gadget whore and Nite Ize makes a lot of my favorites. Gear ties, Keyracks, flashlights, KnotBones, CamJams...the list goes on. Good stuff!!

I got that same Figure 9 at HF too...very handy tool. I used it to stretch my center stand spring enough to get it over the hook.

My local Home Depot has an entire end cap in the tool department with the whole range of Nite Ize products. Extremely useful gadgets.

Back