• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No-Mar tire changer / Labor Day sale

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if any of you would be interested in it, but No-Mar is having a 10% off orders over $100 sale. I didn't even know about it and was going to order a tire changer anyways, perfect timing I guess. Got $50 off my order.

I opted for the Cycle Hill CH100HD model. System comes with pretty much everything you need to change your own tires. No-Mar makes quality stuff. I never heard of the brand until my buddy scored a used one off of Craigslist for cheap. We mounted my Q3+'s with it, worked like a champ. The model I ordered is the economical model, but still works pretty much the same as the classic HD model my buddy has for half the price.

I ordered:

CH100HD tire changer
yellow thing bead keeper
upgraded to scratch resistant bead breaking arm
Longacre tire pressure guage
6 pack of valve stems
valve stem multi tool
4 pack of concrete anchors to mount it in my shop

Including $72 shipping for all that, total was only $522 with the discount! That's a steal of a deal to me, for a piece of quality equipment and accessories. I'm just going to buy a cheap balancing stand on ebay for $35 or so, nothing special needed on them.

This tire changer should pay for itself. Shops around here charge way too much for mount and balancing. I plan to advertise mounting and balancing at affordable rates for local people, between that and changing my own tires, the stand will probably pay for itself in 1-2 years easy.

Link to the changer I went for.

CH100HD Cycle Hill HD Tire Changer | No-Mar Tire Changer

And here is a video of how it works for the curious minds out there. Couldn't be simpler really. This is an older model of the same changer, and has a hitch mount, but pretty much same exact way the one I ordered works.

YouTube

85f176b218bd065a5c06892044803d06.jpg

That looks awesome

I ordered this a few months ago otherwise I would definitely get this, as it is I should order the No-Mar mount/demount bar

TUFFIOM Portable Manual Tire Changer for 4" to 16-1/2" Tires, Must-Have Tire Mount Demount Tool, for Car or Motorcycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCHW1HZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-B2zDbSTRJ3YR

It's 1/4 the price and gets the job done but the quality difference between the two is very apparent.

Thanks for sharing, that looks great

Last edited:
I am pretty pumped. I know a lot of bikers in the local community, might end up making decent side money with it.

I hope it's in by next week so I can assemble and mount it next weekend. The following weekend is my next track day back at Tally and I will need to flip my rear tire before then. So as soon as it is in and mounted, it will get used.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am pretty pumped. I know a lot of bikers in the local community, might end up making decent side money with it.

I hope it's in by next week so I can assemble and mount it next weekend. The following weekend is my next track day back at Tally and I will need to flip my rear tire before then. So as soon as it is in and mounted, it will get used.

That reminds me of an experience I had with a local guy that bought a NoMar and was advertising tire changes for $20, because “those dealers” were ripping people off. This was a while ago, before I had my own changer. So I took this guy both wheels from my Goldwing and two new tires. After much struggle, he did manage to change one Goldwing tire, but he broke the tip on his lever bar in the process. He declined to try to change the other tire.

Now I know the NoMar changer is fully capable of doing Goldwing tires, since I can do them on a Harbor Freight setup, but this guy needed to brush up on his technique before offering services to the public.

There’s no intention or message in my post. I was just telling the story because it popped into my head after reading your post. However, there’s definitely a real advantage in being able to easily change you own tires.

P.S., that NoMar lubricant paste is good stuff.

Last edited:
That reminds me of an experience I had with a local guy that bought a NoMar and was advertising tire changes for $20, because “those dealers” were ripping people off. This was a while ago, before I had my own changer. So I took this guy both wheels from my Goldwing and two new tires. After much struggle, he did manage to change one Goldwing tire, but he broke the tip on his lever bar in the process. He declined to try to change the other tire.

Now I know the NoMar changer is fully capable of doing Goldwing tires, since I can do them on a Harbor Freight setup, but this guy needed to brush up on his technique before offering services to the public.

There’s no intention or message in my post. I was just telling the story because it popped into my head after reading your post. However, there’s definitely a real advantage in being able to easily change you own tires.

P.S., that NoMar lubricant paste is good stuff.

Yeah it will definitely take me a few times to get the technique down, but I love this kind of stuff and usually pick up on things fairly quick. Watching my buddy mount my Q3's was educational. The dunlops have a stiffer carcass than the Michelins that came off my rims. Can't remember if it was the front or the rear that gave the most trouble, think it was the front. But ended up just having to run the bar around getting about 75% of the bead onto the wheel, then as it got really tight, just had to leave the bar in it for a minute or two, spray on some more soap, let it kind of stretch the tire, then finish running the bar around and it popped right on. Also helps to let the tires sit out in the sun for a while before mounting if possible.

I don't have near as much free time as I'd like to have, so it's not worth my time to do both tires for $20, but compared to what local shops charge, I might do something like $30-40 if you bring me the wheels and tires off the bike depending on how well I know the person, and maybe $80-100 total if I have to remove the wheels and tires from bike in my shop, depending on what type of bike it is and how easily the wheels can be removed.

Man, I wish had room for this.

Is life getting little to easy for you? Need to be humbled? Try spooning on a set of 195/55 track tires on a cold day. Absolute misery and will never do it again.

Is life getting little to easy for you? Need to be humbled? Try spooning on a set of 195/55 track tires on a cold day. Absolute misery and will never do it again.

I have never attempted nor will ever attempt that because I know I would have the rims marred up so bad from prying that I'd be sick afterwards lol.

And I'm sure you meant 190/55, as I don't think they make a 195mm wide motorcycle tire, right?

Had too much going on lol. Taking off work tomorrow, got about 4 acres to mow between 3 different properties in the morning, then I am going to assemble and mount the tire machine in the floor.

Using mine today. Changing out my friends new to him 99 Kawasaki Voyager XXII 16 yr old tires! Axle was a pain to get out. About 4 hrs. Finally got a metal drift and it came out. Now clutch & brake fluid changed. On to the front!
fbbfe817d7a3c5d487af8726f45e5004.jpg
5a9cbe82316a87a255d2674a05454639.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Next on the long list is a bike stand like that! Would make detailing so much easier on my cripple legged arse lol.

What kind is that?

Next on the long list is a bike stand like that! Would make detailing so much easier on my cripple legged arse lol.

What kind is that?

Having a stool to sit on can make it even better when doing things like working on lower cowls or mufflers or cleaning the lower half.
That is a Derek Weaver 1500# lift. It is a little wider than the standard and the plate you take out to drop out a rear tire is wider and open on the end so no frame bar back there. At 6'3" I wanted more than the normal 30 to 33 inch lift. This baby goes to 42"! It has a full frame on the ground so very sturdy. It has side extensions that I rarely use but when I do an atv or golf cart fits fine. It has an extension for the front that I have never used and it is for super long chopper forked bikes.
It is a little bit higher due to the full frame so collapsed the deck is about 7" above the ground surface. They now have an extended ramp to neutralize that problem. So far I just put the bike in first gear and walk it up if it is over 600#.
Cost shipped to my door was $1200. I also bought the small MC jack. Didn't think I would have a need for it but I use it a lot!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's a sweet setup there! I need one for sure, along with about 100 other items. I've been so consumed by this trackday junk that I have put off other things that's needed to be done around the house since the new shop was built like have the gravel driveway finished and figure out some sort of landscaping solution to cover up the exposed chert pad the shop sits on. And the most important thing, that I swore was gonna be the first thing I bought for the shop....a billiard table. Always been on bucket list to have my own pool table to play on. And I have been putting that off too. I need more time and money, but I suppose the only way to achieve both is by winning the lottery.

that's what tire warmers are for :)
I have never attempted nor will ever attempt that because I know I would have the rims marred up so bad from prying that I'd be sick afterwards lol.

And I'm sure you meant 190/55, as I don't think they make a 195mm wide motorcycle tire, right?

I haven't seen a 195 motorcycle tire, but I have a 125/75R420 front and 165/55R17 rear on my race bike

Ah the life of a 2nd shifter. Friday night, finally made it out to the shop about 11:30pm after work. Radio up, beer is cold, and about to assemble the No mar tire changer and balancing stand. I should be good to go til aroumd 3am, but hopefully it doesn't take me that long. Although I'm in no hurry....it's the weekend afterall.

Note: NC not pictured as it is in the garage from when I rode to work yesterday. Need garage door openers installed on my shop doors one day. Lol

9b61254361b8bd293af46290fb795082.jpg

Done at 2:40am, because DeWalt makes giant piles-o-crap tools now. Bought a brand new DeWalt hammerdrill and concrete bit. Got ready to drill holes in concrete, the reverser button that changes rotation of the bit malfunctioned and got stuck in reverse. I messed with it for a while and never could get it to spin forward. Said screw it, finished assembling the rest of the No Mar changer, got out standard drill to at least get a shallow pilot hole started. Then thought I'd mess with the DeWalt some more (I hate not finishing projects). Plugged it back up with no bit in it, fooled around with it for a while, finally got it to switch to forward spin, didn't touch that button anymore! Put the bit back in, finished all the holes in the floor without issue. So I got to drill my holes and the hammerdrill will be returned for refund. LOL. I started to make a video of how flimsy the reverser button is, it's pathetic. Looks like something you'd see on a Black and Decker from Dollar General, not a DeWalt.

Anyways, it's done and ready to use now. Doesn't take up too much room. Quality is top notch, everything lined up and bolted together with ease. Very well built for what it is. Now for the picture dump...

5cd3e4c2ffed2ab473aed64609befd5f.jpg

ce946d0eac0531491d371ef1c5864b38.jpg

1428fc5835328723dc978221e8d422cc.jpg

b730aef15853d5a3bca20b1c4b89a1f4.jpg

cc851bf9c1105385c109d85cc761a511.jpg

ac1a9a28368f45505ee5812a5367f98a.jpg

7f3647905582d1acc4e0e2febb2461b2.jpg

96bc4ce3a462f5bcb39c1a63bd265a7f.jpg

7627e212d37f3338801bdd40b331ef43.jpg

ac9a2a7dbe3daa4109bd7e15d9e6a4c8.jpg

7b905c42442062c51c3f7f87723f56af.jpg

5fed6b9458565d433da1c6a7282fac2e.jpg