• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Noise cancelling earbuds

As they say on the gun forums--Concealed means concealed---worrying about being cited for having earbuds is silly--just watch out for people driving watching videos on their phones.
I agree with your sentiment other than nobody seems to be worried about a citation. I think the references to statute in various jurisdictions are academic more than anything else. That’s the intention of my post at least.

My experiences using the noise-cancelling Apple AirPods Pro (second generation) have been very positive. It (and I say "it" rather than "they" because I have single-sided deafness so I only use one at a time) blocks out a lot of noise and allows me to listen to podcasts while riding at normal volumes. I can also use my phone to give me directions to my destination through audio this way without having to have my phone mounted on the handlebars (which can potentially ruin the phone's camera). It only interrupts the podcast when it tells me to turn or something and then resumes playing.

And I can hear horns and sirens just fine. Mainly it just brings the engine and road noise down to manageable levels.

My only caution is that while I find it comfortable to wear inside my helmet, the AirPod does have a tendency to come out when I remove my helmet. This is bad news because I ruined the microphone (and thus the noise-cancelling capabilities) with a previous pair by dropping them on the ground too many times. I find that if I wear the right-side AirPod in my left ear upside-down, my helmet will slip off easily without dislodging the AirPod. Your mileage, as they say, may vary.

Reactions: MZ5
Back