• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Noisy RT side of engine

trjerm

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi the RT side of my 2015 nc700x dct seems to be rather noisy compared to another 1
Any ideas on what it could be
It shifts and runs ok , but concerned about the noise

No real knowledge here BUT: How's the oil level? Was it changed recently and if so, was the correct weight used?
Can you describe the noise? Does it change with engine speed? Different when in gear?

Seems like a rattling noise that increases with rpm (definetly on rt side , thought might be radiator guard etc , but removed it No Change),
Oil and OEM filters were changed maybe 500 mi ago w honda HP4 10-40 Also checked valve clearance @ that time

Last edited:
Hi , I changed out the Cam Chain tensioner with a new one from partzilla , but it's still noisy in comparison to my red 2015 NC700X DCT , any suggestions on what's causing it. The bike shift's fine and I've ridden it on numerous 200+ mile rides but the noise bothers me

I see no other option than to use the listening device, i.e. mechanics stethoscope.
You can get it for as little as $3.49 from Harbor Freight, if you want to do it yourself. Or go to the nearest auto repair shop and ask a mechanic to locate the noise.

I see no other option than to use the listening device, i.e. mechanics stethoscope.
You can get it for as little as $3.49 from Harbor Freight, if you want to do it yourself. Or go to the nearest auto repair shop and ask a mechanic to locate the noise.
I'll ride up to Orielly's and pick one up, good excuse to go for a short ride

This bike is still louder than my other DCT, I cleaned and lubed chain and it seemed a little better, but it get noisier as the engine gets warmer.
Anyone ever run a heavier weight oil in the DCT's
it shifts fine and no issues other than the noise and clunkiness when engine is warm

Back