• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Noob from ZA

ray-zin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I'm a soon to be new nc700x dct owner in South Africa. I'm collecting it on Saturday morning. Woohoo!!!

I'm so excited I've been lurking here for the last 2 weeks soaking up as much as I can about the bike and what mods
can be done. I really can't wait to get it.

I don't even have the bike yet and I've already ordered a madstad 22" windshield and givi rear rack and topbox.

Welcome from southeast Arizona. Have seen your posts on at least one of the MadStad threads. I guess you really are convinced about the MadStad windscreen as a) the product itself is not cheap and b) shipping must be substantial to South Africa. (I think the almost $50 to ship in the US is a lot.)

Welcome from Gibraltar.

You're not much different from the rest of us... so many (including myself) have been browsing this forum waaaaay before owning NC; welcome to the club! :cool:

Welcome from Illinois, in the heartland of the USA! Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Thanks for all the welcomes ;-)

Welcome from southeast Arizona. Have seen your posts on at least one of the MadStad threads. I guess you really are convinced about the MadStad windscreen as a) the product itself is not cheap and b) shipping must be substantial to South Africa. (I think the almost $50 to ship in the US is a lot.)

Yep. I'm convinced. I've been reading about all the different options for a week now and finally taken the plunge despite the cost. Shipping to SA is around 67usd. Which although expensive is about what i was expecting to pay anyway. I justified the purchase to myself after I bargained yesterday with the Honda dealer over the phone and got him to chop +- $300 off the price originally agreed. :D

.... You're not much different from the rest of us... so many (including myself) have been browsing this forum waaaaay before owning NC; welcome to the club! :cool:

The only problem is that before I came here I was happy with the standard windshield and I thought the ugly tail section looked awesome!!! lol.
Mind you, I currently ride a sym 300 gts scoot so everything about the NC impressed me in the 30m test ride. :)

Enjoy the ride. I can't go out on my bike this weekend unfortunately - in Beijing and Shanghai on business until month end so I'll be envying you on Saturday.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome from New Mexico. I totally understand your excitement. It's kind of funny how we get so excited about our transportation. I hope you ride safe and happy.

Howzit and welcome from a fellow Safrican living in Salt Lake City, Utah. Had a 2012 NC700X for about a month, runs great. Looked at the Vstrom, but the NC just fitted like a glove and was more practical. Also upgraded from a scooter (Kymco People 200). Enjoy the excellent riding weather in SA.

Back