• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Note to self: Zip pockets before riding

killarneygetaway

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, a couple of years ago, I lost my wallet while riding. Apparently I forgot to zip my pocket. At the time, my wife was on the back and I keep my wallet in my breast pocket. I had felt something hit my leg but thought it was just her moving her hand or something. Never found that wallet. Spent half a day cancelling and ordering new cards.

Fast forward to this week. I was riding home from work and felt that same hit to my leg and knew instantly what it was. So, once the swearing and cursing was done, I turn around and start back on a hunt for my wallet. As I come over a hill I see something small and black in the middle of the road. But coming the other way is a convoy of 3 dump trucks. Wouldn't you know it, everyone of them hit my wallet. So I pull over and wait for traffic to clear (this is a highway at rush hour BTW). Finally get an opening and rush out and grab my wallet. Then I see a couple of cards so I double check for traffic and go grab them. I get back to the side of the highway and do an inventory. Missing are my air miles card, my personal credit card and my 2 corporate cards. So I start walking up the road checking the ditch and the roadway. Then I see something blue in the ditch. My Air Miles card. 1 down. I continue walking a couple hundred more feet and don't find anything so cross over to the other side incase they got blown there. Nothing. Decide to do one more pass. This time I walk further up. Now about 1000 feet from my bike and I see a piece of one of my credit cards. OK. Getting somewhere. So I keep walking and eventually find a piece of all 3 missing cards. That's enough. At least I don't have to report them lost. Just need to get replacements. Time to head home.

So, lesson learned, triple check pockets are zipped.

And for anyone who is interested to know how well cards hold up to traffic, take a look below.
IMG_20150611_065451.jpg

Happened me once. It only happened you once also. I am discounting the first time as that was the Wife's fault ;)

I left my wife behind when I set off from a parking lot.
got about 50 yards mm bike feel a bit light went to grab her leg ooops nowt there.
look in my mirror here she is running to the bike.lol
and I only did it once!

Everything in my pockets goes in the frunk before I get on the bike. I just feel better knowing I won't roll on it if I wreak :D

Hubby lost a phone like that once. Realized, went back, found it after it had been run over. Better than the one he lost having just set it on the bike and taken off...two days after buying the new phone.

I left the pocket unzipped in my overpants and rode home in a thunderstorm. I got home with 2 pockets full of water...

I just lost my tip money on the way home from my washing up job..to tired to change into atgatt I rode home in my trousers boohoo. I will have to console myself thinking of the money saved with the good mpg .

Everything in my pockets goes in the frunk before I get on the bike. I just feel better knowing I won't roll on it if I wreak :D

I think it's a good idea to always keep your mobile phone in a jacket pocket somewhere, in the unlikely (hopefully) event that you crash and get thrown away from the road out of view and are injured, how frustrating would it be to have your phone in the frunk?

Btw, the only thing I've lost while on the bike is my nerve! ;)

I think it's a good idea to always keep your mobile phone in a jacket pocket somewhere, in the unlikely (hopefully) event that you crash and get thrown away from the road out of view and are injured, how frustrating would it be to have your phone in the frunk?

I wonder how well a phone would fare tumbling with you in a get off? But that is a good point and makes me think a blue tooth enabled helmet would be a good solution.

I do the same thing. It is a pain getting the wallet out of the suit so I put it in the frunk. Personal Preference.

That is a good point. My phone stays in the RAM mount all the time (except heavy rain). Wallet in the frunk.

Back