• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oct 8- 11 2015 Horizons Unlimited N.C

The best fellow to follow around, in them there hills, is Netizen. He lives close and knows the territory. There are many great roads in those hills besides the Dragon. Fuzzy has been a number of times also, and knows the roads quite well.

The best fellow to follow around, in them there hills, is Netizen. He lives close and knows the territory. There are many great roads in those hills besides the Dragon. Fuzzy has been a number of times also, and knows the roads quite well.

I think Fuzzy has me beat... he knows the local shop owners by name even.
Regrettably I guess I am not going this year.... I went to the new Appomattox meet in April, and I really can't justify doing 2 in one year.

I will say that you will LOVE the ambiance at the Iron Horse Lodge! I absolutely love staying at that place!
If you have Verizon, you'll do OK on cell and data. They do have Wifi, but with 150 or so people trying to use it at the same time it's not very fast and hard to get on when everyone is there in the evenings. But then you will be too busy talking with other riders and just enjoying the camaraderie with your fellow riders to miss getting online.

It will be easy to find others to ride with if you want riding partners. With this years date being pushed back into October, it has the potential to be quite cool in the evenings, so be sure to pack appropriately...especially if your camping.

Enjoy the meet... I will really miss being there this year, and miss all the friends I have gotten used to meeting up with there!

Be sure and post pics and tell about your time at the meet when you can!

The only thing that could stop me from going is my daughter delivering my grand daughter, so I guess I won't sign up, she's due the 11th.

I'm in. I sissied out and reserved a bunkhouse slot. The bike is more fun when it isn't packed down like a mule with camping gear.

I am in as well, been signed up since it was opened. I am also in the bunkhouse. October can be a bit chaotic with the weather, so I figured I would go for comfort.

I did hear, even if you are in the bunk house, bring your air mattress or sleeping pad - the beds are pretty worn out.

We three (err..2 1/4) are in as well, with a room. At least when I called Iron Horse, they said I could bring a car as long as I also brought a motorcycle...
I'm actually making a week of it, riding down the BRP, spending a couple days in/around Great Smoky Mountains, and visiting a friend in Georgia before the HU meeting. I'm excited to add some states to my ridden in list.

OCR - are you going to be there?

I have high hopes of being there. You can go in just a cage, as I had to do one year because of a dislocated shoulder. Remember that for the most part in the Smokies the speed limit is just 55 mph. Iron Horse is a nice camp ground. Hope Fuzzy and Netizen show up, as they do know the territory. Maybe I can get some of my parts back from that horrible tree!

Tree of Shame.jpg

Last edited:
I had a good time last year so I'm heading back. I'm getting there on Wednesday so that I can visit some friends in Waynesville.

I got a bunkhouse spot. I'm a Florida boy and all my camping gear is for warmer weather. I camped 4 miles down the road a few Novembers ago and thought I was going to loose a toe. :) Seriously, I'm just a whimp.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We will all need to find a spot and meet up one of the days and take a ride somewhere. Will be neat to see a whole gang of NCs rocking through.

We will all need to find a spot and meet up one of the days and take a ride somewhere. Will be neat to see a whole gang of NCs rocking through.

The cabins and one bunkhouse is across the creek from the main clubhouse/checkin building. One bunkhouse is on the same side of the creek as the clubhouse (across the parking lot). Camping is next to the clubhouse next to the creek. I have to go to Florida Sept 25-Oct 3 (wife said so, she needs me down in Florida to babysit her animals while she is away for training). If weather is nice, I may head down to the area on the 9th after work and find a place to stay on the fly...cant make specific plans.

*gasp*
Where're we riding?

If that gasp is because you think I'm a great rider because I have a great bike, you are so in for a surprise. Any halfway rider on a NC can out do my riding abilities! ;)
I dropped my NC at least 7 times but haven't dropped the Tenere once ...yet. Not because I'm a better rider,but because I don't want to pick up the 600 lb. beast (and I don't have crash bars yet)!
Very careful , I am .....
The Tenere is so much more comfortable for me old body on long trips I will not take the NC anymore. I am riding the NC around town and short trips. It is a fun bike!

*gasp* I'm not sure I can ride in the company of a tenere. Traitor.
Seriously though, hubby has one and aside from being bigger, heavier, more powerful, and therefore a little intimidating for me, it does seem to be a nice machine.

Back