• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Honda Top Case For my 2016 NC700X DCT

alf714

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in California and I am looking for the OEM Honda Top Case. My bike already has the carrier :) just need to locate a top case now. If you have one and would like to sell, let me know.

Thank you,IMG_2918.jpeg

I have one, but I wouldn't buy it again if I could go back.

The lock has a problem where it relies on a metal plate rotating to slide into the handle. It didn't align properly, and Honda wouldn't fix it under warranty. I had to open it up, bend the plate, and add a second fiber washer where the plate attaches so it lines up with the slot in the handle. It also means it's just a tiny piece of plastic in the handle that keeps it locked to the luggage plate.

Well... I ended up not being able to find a top case in a timely manner or near to me so I opted for the GIVI Top Cas Support Bracket and a semi used GIVI top case. The bike looks good....(pictures to come soon)

My concern now is that lost my rear grab bars so that is the next item to locate online. Annoying my rear seat needs to be held up while pumping gas and the fact I have to use the GIVI bracket to use my center stand.

Thank you to all the reached out to me and sent me PM.

IMG_4871.JPG

Last edited:
I have one, but I wouldn't buy it again if I could go back.

The lock has a problem where it relies on a metal plate rotating to slide into the handle. It didn't align properly, and Honda wouldn't fix it under warranty. I had to open it up, bend the plate, and add a second fiber washer where the plate attaches so it lines up with the slot in the handle. It also means it's just a tiny piece of plastic in the handle that keeps it locked to the luggage plate.
I would wager that there was a problem with your individual top box. Perhaps someone forced the lock mechanism and bent part of it. Perhaps it came genuinely defective but I wouldn't agree with the conclusion they all are faulty. The top box is manufactured by Givi for Honda and Givi uses this same lock mechanism in untold thousands of top cases and saddle bags that use the popular MonoKey three point mount. I've had several different Givi Monolock items in use over at least 200,000 miles without a similar issue you describe.

Back