• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sold OEM Top Box from 2012 NC700X

RC24F2

Reaction score
Visit site
For sale: 45 liter top box (rear trunk) from 2012 NC700X.
OEM part 08L55-EWL-100E
Going a different direction with storage.
Found very few for sale, all new, $260 up.
Well used. Has some decent scratches on right side from an incident; candidate for a re-paint project.
Supposedly fits 2012-2016 except for 2014(?).
2 keys.

Price: $100 plus whatever UPS store charges to box & ship to destination.20221001_114134_HDR.jpg20221001_114141_HDR.jpg20221001_114157_HDR.jpg20221001_114216_HDR.jpg20221001_114244_HDR.jpg

For sale: 45 liter top box (rear trunk) from 2012 NC700X.
OEM part 08L55-EWL-100E
Going a different direction with storage.
Found very few for sale, all new, $260 up.
Well used. Has some decent scratches on right side from an incident; candidate for a re-paint project.
Supposedly fits 2012-2016 except for 2014(?).
2 keys.

Price: $100 plus whatever UPS store charges to box & ship to destination.View attachment 50538View attachment 50539View attachment 50540View attachment 50541View attachment 50542
Do I need a plate to attach it to?

As far as I know, only the Honda plate will hold the Honda top box. The Honda plate requires alternate Honda grip rails in order to mount. In order to fit the alternate Honda grip rails on a 2012, one must trim just a bit of the bodywork (plastic, but you won’t see the trimmed parts with the seats on).
Lacking any of that will prevent you mounting the Honda top box.

As far as I know, only the Honda plate will hold the Honda top box. The Honda plate requires alternate Honda grip rails in order to mount. In order to fit the alternate Honda grip rails on a 2012, one must trim just a bit of the bodywork (plastic, but you won’t see the trimmed parts with the seats on).
Lacking any of that will prevent you mounting the Honda top box.
All correct, short of modifying the Honda box to fit another base plate (or plate to fit the box somehow).

Yep. I have the OEM top box on my 2013. I can provide a list of part numbers for anyone interested. You may be able to set up some eBay searches and catch some new-old-stock or used parts for the mounting system at a reasonable price.

Note that even though the installation instructions for the grab handles specifically included using a saw to trim some of the rear plastics, on my bike that was not necessary. Everything fit fine. And not in the "it kinda fit but things are rubbing" way, but it actually fit perfectly, like it was meant to go there. Perhaps there is an updated mold that was used on later bikes (i.e. 2012 vs 2013) that was redesigned to accommodate this.

I was certainly happy to not have to trim any parts to install

Yep. I have the OEM top box on my 2013. I can provide a list of part numbers for anyone interested. You may be able to set up some eBay searches and catch some new-old-stock or used parts for the mounting system at a reasonable price.

Note that even though the installation instructions for the grab handles specifically included using a saw to trim some of the rear plastics, on my bike that was not necessary. Everything fit fine. And not in the "it kinda fit but things are rubbing" way, but it actually fit perfectly, like it was meant to go there. Perhaps there is an updated mold that was used on later bikes (i.e. 2012 vs 2013) that was redesigned to accommodate this.

I was certainly happy to not have to trim any parts to install
I understood that after 2012, the rear underseat cowl was updated so that no cutting was needed to install the alternate hand rails. It almost seems Honda got ahead of themselves in 2012 with the accessory rack design, and then had to go back and redesign the cowl.

That’s my understanding as well. My 2012 has trimmed bodywork, but every 2013 owner (and later) I recall having posted here said no plastic trimming was needed on their bikes.

Back