• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ohlins Fork kit set on Nc700x

I too am interested to hear how these work out. I tried Andreanis on my NC but they were not successful.

I've installed Cogent Dynamics Drop-in Cartridge kits in the forks of two NCs and like the results very much.

I'm sure the Ohlins works well too and would like to hear more about it.

It certainly looks like it'd be pricey but is it a Chinese knock off of real Ohlins stuff? As far as I know, Ohlins doesn't have a distribution point in Hong Kong.

Yup, I'm just about ready to trade mine in for an Africa Twin although if I could fix the suspension, I'd keep the NC

As mentioned .......Multiple threads on Cogent and Race Tech plus several other vendors that can help with the suspension.......but they won't make it an AT.

Last edited:
I too am interested to hear how these work out. I tried Andreanis on my NC but they were not successful.

For those Ohlins and Andreani fork kit set, the fork is needed to modifity with michine to take off the inner parts from the buttom, which is silver colour. Pass the work to shop and we can not make it done at home

I've installed Cogent Dynamics Drop-in Cartridge kits in the forks of two NCs and like the results very much.

I have installed the Andreani one, there is a big different already with the ohlins fork springs set. As the weather is not well in Hong Kong, not yet test for the Ohlins one.

It certainly looks like it'd be pricey but is it a Chinese knock off of real Ohlins stuff? As far as I know, Ohlins doesn't have a distribution point in Hong Kong.

There were official dealer in Hong Kong. But that was custome made by Taiwan Ohlins Dealer. They also have MT03,R3,MT07,MT09,Tmax Version

I've installed andreani too, great improvement, really great result, meanwhile i've replaced the stock shock absorber with ohlins s46dr1 ...so g

I've installed andreani too, great improvement, really great result, meanwhile i've replaced the stock shock absorber with ohlins s46dr1 ...so g

Regrettably I had the total opposite experience with Andreanis on my former NC700X. Firstly I lost a considerable amount of suspension travel (possibly up to .75 of an inch from memory) and there was too much compression damping that could not be adjusted out despite contact with Andreani and a change of springs. I eventually sold the bike because of this as I was not able to return the forks to original condition.

Depending on fork length the Ohlins NIX-22 from the MT07 or R3 (20mm longer) can be made to work without any surgery to the fork stanchion. Both of these have M41x1.0 threaded fork caps which I believe the NC family has as well.

The OP sure looks like a NIX-30 (MSRP $1200) but for what bike I don't know. I can't think of a right-side up 'supersport' that still uses 41mm except the FZ6/Fazer/Thundercat/FZ600R of mid/late 90's. Maybe it was a 43mm configuration that was turned down, re-threaded and re-anodized?

I used Cogent Dynamics with the stock springs and oil setting, Motul 5W oil. This resulted in a 12 mm preload on the spring. No sharp jolts off square bumps and and no bottoming. I still have the stock rear but the front improvement helped out greatly.

For those Ohlins and Andreani fork kit set, the fork is needed to modifity with michine to take off the inner parts from the buttom, which is silver colour. Pass the work to shop and we can not make it done at home

I am aware of this because my forks also had to be modified to accept the Andreani conversion. However the conversion was not successful as it made the forks harder on compression damping that could not be adjusted out. After the modification I could no longer put the forks back to original condition. I believe Andreanis mostly use Ohlins components. In the end I sold the bike and moved to an Africa Twin. That bike also had its own issues with forks.

Back