• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ok gang, here's the finished product!

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Men,
Well, here's the finished product. Well, almost finished, More on that later. Anyway, It's all back together. In case someone's new to this project, the bike is a new-to-us 2020 NC750X DCT in ALL BLACK! Well, I'm not a fan of all black anything so, I decided on a BIG change. The paint is Hydro Blue Pearl Clearcoat from a 2015 Jeep series with a code of *PBJ*. I had the paint mixed for me at a local Napa auto parts store. The wheels were also black. So, I had broke them all down and had them powder coated in Heavy Silver with clear coat. Since I had to remove both the right and left engine/faring protection bars to do the job, and they too were black, I figured I might as well do those in the heavy silver too, along with the wheels. While the bike was down for all this, I took the opportunity to do some wiring. I wired in both my Zumo XT and a Volt meter so I could keep track of the voltage in the NC. The bike came to us with a 12V power port in the frunk already so, I tied that into my ignition controlled setup.

Now, as for the part earlier mentions, "almost" finished, well, I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome of the bike as you see it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than ALL BLACK! But, the versions shipped to the boys on the other side of the pond in the same time frame, as in 2020, were also blue. But, the side fairing was painted in a bright silver, not a grey. To me, that bright silver fairing would be the *Frosting on the cake* so-to-speak. Yep, I'd have to order up some new Honda Logo wings or, have the wife make them on her *Cricket* vinyl sticker machine. Anyway, enough blabbing. Here's the finish product. What ya think?
Scott
P.S. The first pic is how it use to look. The rest are the rejuvenated version.

On edit: Hmmmmm, not sure what's happening. I try and post pics but, they won't show up. Moderators, can I ask what's wrong?
Scott

Last edited:
I usually have no problems posting pictures but for the last few days I got this message: Oops! We ran into some problems.

Your blue bike looks great; in my opinion it’s way better than stock. You made a very good color choice.

Not to criticize, but it still has a lot of black. Might you consider painting the sides of the lower cowl blue, or maybe silver? I painted those panels on my 2012 when I painted it orange. (See picture). I think in your case the lower cowl sides would be nice painted silver as the upper half of the bike is mainly blue, while the lower accents, the wheels, engine, footpeg mount, are silver.

B70D75E5-084D-40FF-B45D-911410CAF8B3.jpeg7958F559-3CB7-4512-BEB4-BD8D91172159.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Greg,
Thank for your input here. Yeah, there's still some black here and there that can be painted like you suggest and, since I still have some paint, I just might take your suggestion to heart here. Right now, I'm just happy the bike is actually ROLLING again after being apart for what seemed like an eternity.
Scott

I like the blue. I think it's mt favorite color on the US NC models.

Is the front tire is mounted backwards?
Haaaa, you caught that huh? Yes, BOTH of the tires are mounted backwards! When I picked up the rims from the powder coater, I brought them home to admire them. I already had both brand new Shinko 705 series tires standing by. I was going to attempt to mount them myself, even though I have very little in terms of tire mounting equipment. I have the spoons etc. but, I have to wrestle with any motorcycle tire in mounting and dismounting. We have one or two small motorcycle service centers in our small town of Lake Havasu and they're both a pain to deal with.

But, we also have a Tire establishment called "The Tire Man". It's an independent rather large business that seems to do well, in spite of having both Discount tire and Big O tires not too distant. I have used them before in a motorcycle tire install or un-install. Annnnnyway, with those newly powder coated rims, and the stiffness of those new Shinko's, I thought I'd try and see if The Tire Man would mount them for me. Soooo, I looked at both empty rims, no disc brakes or drive sprocket or ANYTHING mounted on either one and thought I determined the correct direction or rotation of each wheel. I marked it with a Sharpie arrow on the inside of each wheel. When I was at The Tire Man's establishment, they said they'd mount them up no problem. I showed them the arrows for what I thought was the correct direction/rotation. Apparently, I mis-red the configuration of the wheels and mounting components for the disc brakes and sprocket mounts and determined the WRONG direction and marked it as such. What a goof ball! And they only followed my arrows.

They were very careful of the wheels and took care in mounting the tires. I went in to settle up with the nice gent that did the work. He said "oh, how about $20.00". I gladly gave him a twenty and said thank you. I got home, put the front wheel together with the brake disc etc. Then I balanced it. I installed it on the bike and then proceeded to do the back wheel. I was 3/4 done with balancing the back wheel/tire when I noticed the arrow on the tire facing the wrong way. Hmmmmm. I then went and checked the front and yep, the front was on wrong too. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I could have taken them both back down and embarrasingly asked for them to do me ANOTHER FAVOR, which I'd gladly PAY AGAIN FOR, and have them changed around. But, I decided to let it ride. The bike handles and rides perfectly fine. I know that the tread pattern on each tire is designed to channel out water for rainy and other wet situations and maybe channel out mud and sand etc. Mounted backwards, you ( or I in this case) won't have that channeling affect. I'm not sure the tires will wear any differently, better or worse or maybe even sound different on the pavement.

I'm still thinking about asking them do do a dismount and remount to satisfy the correct rotation and to put myself at ease.
Scott

Last edited:
Hey mzflorida,
I most certainly appreciate the nice comment. I myself also think it looks GREAT! I'm pretty darn happy with it. Now to just ride it and have fun.
Scott

I think it looks great! I love the new color on the wheels, and the blue just sparkles. Can you tell me what brand of crash bar you have installed? I noticed that and liked the way it looks and the protection it can provide. Did you also have that painted as well?

I think it looks great! I love the new color on the wheels, and the blue just sparkles. Can you tell me what brand of crash bar you have installed? I noticed that and liked the way it looks and the protection it can provide. Did you also have that painted as well?
Hey Dav2ison,
I thank you immensely for the very nice comments, very much appreciated. As for the crash bar, it was on the bike when I purchased about a month ago. As I stated back a while ago, I'm just not one that likes that much black on anything. So, in order to get some of the fairing pieces off, I had to remove both sides of that crash bar. And once off, I thought, while I'm already gonna have the wheels done, why not have those two sections of the crash bars powder coated too? So, I gave them to the powder coater along with my wheels. And yep, like the wheels, they turned out really nice and sparkly too! As for the brand, I'm not sure. I think I've looked them up but can't remember what I found. Sorry.
Scott

The ”crash bar” is the OEM Honda accessory Light Bar. Honda apparently does not market it as crash protection, rather as a place to mount auxiliary lights. Not 100% sure, but the part number for 2016-2020 may be 08P71-MKA-D80.

Bike looks great and I love that color.
Hey Fig32,
Thank you very much for the nice comment. Pictures never do justice to the real thing. You ought to see it up close. Every time I see it now, it's sooooo much better than it was and yep, I too really love that color.
Scott

Yep, definitely a first class job. Looks great. Wish my front fender was the same red as the rest of the bike, but it's not worth a couple hundred bucks to me to make it so.

Back