• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ok gang, let's talk about Aux lighting

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,
Well, you've helped me with wind screen ideas, tire ideas and even with painting my new-to-me 2020 NC750X DCT. it's all been quite helpful and now I'm looking into something else. I've been advised that the engine/body protection bars I had powder coated with my wheels are actually Honda OEM bars and Honda terms them "light mounting bars" or something like that. There are two welded in threaded bungs on the inside of each of the bars. I'm presuming that those threaded holes are for light brackets for auxiliary lights, correct? I have looked around and still am but, am having a bit of a time locating what may be the intended lights/brackets for those holes. Plus, if I or any of you find or know of the correct lights, did Honda provide for the wiring for them? And if so, what switch or circuit activates them?

And finally, if all this has been discussed before and there is a thread or two on it, may I ask to be directed to it? I appreciate any and all help here. Thank you all way in advance.
Scott

No worries. Glad to help.

You can buy $200 brand name lights or Harbor Freight or Walmart aux lights for ATVs for $25 or so--BTW the Walmart LEDs work just fine--I am not running the Baja 1000 and I doubt you are either---Thunderbox makes wiring them and other accessories easy peasy

If you’re looking for visibility go Denali drl lights. I have them and they’re awesome

I’ve had two types of 2” LED lights designed for conspicuity to other motorists not so much for actually seeing better at night. They are very bright and greatly increase my bike’s visibility to oncoming drivers.

One pair cost $120 and the other $250 and I don’t think anyone of us could tell the difference if you didn’t know which was which.

I do know that Denali DM 2.0s bolt right up to the Honda accessory light bar but so would generic ones with a similar bracket.

You can buy $200 brand name lights or Harbor Freight or Walmart aux lights for ATVs for $25 or so--BTW the Walmart LEDs work just fine--I am not running the Baja 1000 and I doubt you are either---Thunderbox makes wiring them and other accessories easy peasy
To your point about $25 lights, I have LED auilliary lights purchased off eBay for around $25/pair. They have been on the bike for 8 or 9 years and still perform as new. The mounts I used on the Givi crash bars probably cost the same as the lights. The lights are controlled/dimmed through a Skene Design IQ-275 “intelligent dimmer” @ $75. Switched power for the lights comes from the Honda accessory harness.

There’s no need to spend much for a good auxiliary light system.

I started buying SuperBrightLeds as replacements for dash bulbs on my 2006 ZG1000. I've been using their stuff pretty exclusively since. The driving lights on my NC are SuperBrightLeds. LOTS of light at night and get seen well during the day.

Back