• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ok gang, who's using what for cruising pegs?

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
I know,
You're most likely getting tire of me and I promise, when my new-to-me little NC is all complete, I'll go away and just watch. But, in the mean time, may I ask who might be using any form of cruiser or "freeway" pegs on an NC? The frame area is not all that conducive to add-ons like those but, maybe someone's found something that works. I've now got the color I want, the wheels are perfect, the tires are new and just what the doctor ordered, I've recently installed the Puig windscreen extension, my Garmin Zumo GPS, a volt meter, some bar risers and a 12V power outlet, and an Atlas throttle lock. The ride is pretty darn good with the exception of the seat and maybe the addition of some cruiser pegs. Anyone using any, what kind, where'd you get them, adaptions etc. ?
Scott

Reactions: DCM
Probably not what you're looking for, but I replaced the stock pegs with Gold Wing pegs. The larger surface area helps on long stints

Moderator moved thread to NC750X Modifications.

Kuryakyn model #7993 fit the 700s frame tube diameter without any modification. A set were on my 2013 when I bought it. I removed them and sold them to another NC700X owner.

If you want to mount to pegs to the frame you might need 1 3/8” clamps. Measure your tubing.

Since I so very rarely use highway pegs, I have nothing fancy, just a $30 set attached to Givi/Kappa crash bars. On long trips I fold these down and once in a while put one foot or the other up for a minute or so to stretch the leg and alter the seating position.

31D13E4F-67B8-4AB8-A847-44AAB45306B4.jpeg

Just measured my down tubes and they are 1 3/8". So, I'll have to look for some simple ones that use that size of clamp or, the clamp at least goes to that limit. Thanks very much for all your assistance here.
Scott

Just measured my down tubes and they are 1 3/8". So, I'll have to look for some simple ones that use that size of clamp or, the clamp at least goes to that limit. Thanks very much for all your assistance here.
Scott
If you are interested, I have the pegs referenced by dueling, the Kuryakyn 7993.
They are unused in the packaging. I purchased them on the site last year, but never installed them.
If you are interested, PM me, I would like to clear $60 after shipping, thanks

If you are interested, I have the pegs referenced by dueling, the Kuryakyn 7993.
They are unused in the packaging. I purchased them on the site last year, but never installed them.
If you are interested, PM me, I would like to clear $60 after shipping, thanks
Hey 76Hawke,
That sounds like a great deal. But unless I'm missing something, according to the ad for the Kury 7993, the clamp is maxed out a 1 1/4". And my down tubes are 1 3/8". So, those won't fit. I'll look again and maybe somewhere there's alternate ways of making them work on larger tubing.

Hey 76Hawke,
That sounds like a great deal. But unless I'm missing something, according to the ad for the Kury 7993, the clamp is maxed out a 1 1/4". And my down tubes are 1 3/8". So, those won't fit. I'll look again and maybe somewhere there's alternate ways of making them work on larger tubing.
Honda redesigned the frame to help lower the seat an inch and save 2.6 lbs. I wonder how they saved that much weight by using bigger tubing.

So I just measured the frame diameter of my bike with a digital caliper where a pair of 7993's were securely attached until I removed them. I don't care for highway pegs so I took them off immediately after bringing the bike home. The OD of the frame was measured by the lower pair of jaws of the caliper. It's accurate.

The diameter of the frame tubing is 1 25/64", or 1.39", or 32.32mm where the clamps were positioned. Are you sure of the diameter on your bike? 1 3/8" is just .015" larger diameter than what I measured. The clamps can't draw down less than 1 1/4" but they can clamp around something larger than that.

IMG_3179.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dave,
I most certainly appreciate you taking the time to measure and check your bike's frame size. Yep, that's the same exact place I did my measurements. Now, your dial caliper is a tad more accurate than my vernier type for sure. But, no doubt about it, as you see in the pics, yep, mines actually ever so slightly OVER 1 3/8" inches. That's on the upper scale of that tool. The lower scale is MM. And it appears to be just a hair over 35mm. Now, I managed to turn the calipers almost 90 degrees to measure the inside-to-outside diameter of the tube vs what you and I measured, side to side, and it's actually slightly less in diameter by a few thousandths. Just ever so slightly less than 1 3/8".

I'm certainly no expert on the NC but, if they lost poundage in a model year change, and yet possibly increased frame diameter, do you suppose they used THINNER tubing?
Scott

P.S. Hey Dave, just thinking, you state you measured 1 25/64" or, 1.39 correct? Well, isn't 3/8 = to .375? So, your measurement of 1.390 would be a few thousandths MORE than my 1.375, not less, correct? Unless I'm not seeing something here.

Attachments

• IMG_5744.JPG
    IMG_5744.JPG
    733.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5745.JPG
    IMG_5745.JPG
    815.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5746.JPG
    IMG_5746.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hey Dave,
I most certainly appreciate you taking the time to measure and check your bike's frame size. Yep, that's the same exact place I did my measurements. Now, your dial caliper is a tad more accurate than my vernier type for sure. But, no doubt about it, as you see in the pics, yep, mines actually ever so slightly OVER 1 3/8" inches. That's on the upper scale of that tool. The lower scale is MM. And it appears to be just a hair over 35mm. Now, I managed to turn the calipers almost 90 degrees to measure the inside-to-outside diameter of the tube vs what you and I measured, side to side, and it's actually slightly less in diameter by a few thousandths. Just ever so slightly less than 1 3/8".

I'm certainly no expert on the NC but, if they lost poundage in a model year change, and yet possibly increased frame diameter, do you suppose they used THINNER tubing?
Scott

P.S. Hey Dave, just thinking, you state you measured 1 25/64" or, 1.39 correct? Well, isn't 3/8 = to .375? So, your measurement of 1.390 would be a few thousandths MORE than my 1.375, not less, correct? Unless I'm not seeing something here.
You are correct I got it backwards. .375” is less than .390“.

I also thought you own a 2021, not a 2020. A 2020 would have exactly the same frame size as my 2013.

Roger that Dave,
No biggie. I know you and 670cc are not big fans of cruising pegs (and maybe more on here) but, I'm used to riding a Goldwing and we all know those road sofas's are pretty comfortable. So, for me and 6' 2 1/2" frame and knees to be bent backwards some to accommodate the NC foot pegs, it's just a little bit of a bother. This is why I'm looking for some sort of cruiser pegs, to straighten (or even slightly UN-BEND) my knees forward some would be quite helpful, even for short periods of time.
Scott

Hey 76Hawke,
I don't wish to hijack the thread, so at the risk of sounding like I am TRYING to sell, which is truly insignificant to me, the packaging says the clamps are for 1.35" tubes and there is a wealth of other riders on this forum who use them. I have opted not to because they can't be used in conjunction with my engine guards and some additional lighting I installed.
One such thread where several riders mention these exact pegs as an option was created by username: Inroads on April 21, 2018 called "Highway Pegs"
I'll offer this IF you would like/ trust...Buy 'em and try 'em. If they don't fit and are unused, I'll buy them back for the same price. I have been around for a bit, with a number of purchases/sales, but understand if you don't want to completely.
Best of luck either way, I'll stay out of it from here on out.

Hey 76Hawke,
I buzzed on over to that thread you suggested and yes, there are some that apparently have used those Kury 7993 pegs and fitted them (the clamps that is) to their frame tubes. However, there is this one member that had this to report:

"The kuryakyn 7933 has 1.35" clamps that don't fit a 2015 year frame. However, they do have a 1.5" kuryakyn 1001magnum clamp sold separately that does fit. They also have a 1.5" kit, kuryakyn 4574, but the pegs have a different shape."

Now, as I've stated in at least this discussion, I'm by far no expert on the NC, especially the frame construction and specs. But, would there be minute frame dimension differences from year to year? At this point, I'm willing to try yours. I've been a DIY type for decades and making things work is kind-a second nature to me. 1.35 in size is .025 smaller in diameter clamp size than my 1.375 tubes. Twenty five thousandths of an inch is quite small in terms something like those clamps. .025 in other situations of machine parts, it's worlds apart from a fit where 1.350 and 1.375 is concerned. Soooo, at this time, I'd say we have a deal. How would you like to proceed?
Scott

Hey 76Hawke,
I buzzed on over to that thread you suggested and yes, there are some that apparently have used those Kury 7993 pegs and fitted them (the clamps that is) to their frame tubes. However, there is this one member that had this to report:

"The kuryakyn 7933 has 1.35" clamps that don't fit a 2015 year frame. However, they do have a 1.5" kuryakyn 1001magnum clamp sold separately that does fit. They also have a 1.5" kit, kuryakyn 4574, but the pegs have a different shape."

Now, as I've stated in at least this discussion, I'm by far no expert on the NC, especially the frame construction and specs. But, would there be minute frame dimension differences from year to year? At this point, I'm willing to try yours. I've been a DIY type for decades and making things work is kind-a second nature to me. 1.35 in size is .025 smaller in diameter clamp size than my 1.375 tubes. Twenty five thousandths of an inch is quite small in terms something like those clamps. .025 in other situations of machine parts, it's worlds apart from a fit where 1.350 and 1.375 is concerned. Soooo, at this time, I'd say we have a deal. How would you like to proceed?
Scott
Shooting you a PM

Those look like some really nice cruising pegs. And I really like their placement for ergonomics. But, BUT, they'd only work IF you have your engine/body protection bars. They won't work on the down tubes of the frame on the NC. I do like those protection bars too!

Man,
Talk about some great options for placement, that's outstanding. If these that I'm about to acquire don't work out for some odd reason, I might have to spring for those engine/body protection bars so I can get better options for cruising pegs. Thanks for those pics.
Scott

Back