• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Old fart/new bike

Hondo53

Reaction score
Visit site
Found a 2012 XD that was desecrating a Harley dealership. It had 8300 mi and all 3 Honda branded boxes on it but no road rash. Ran great so I bought it for $3500 . It looks great next to my Burgman 650. So far I’m loving both bikes for different reasons. BTW I’m near 65 and love to go on long rides scooter camping with great people who love it too.
Kyle of Kingwood TEXAS

Congrats on the new bike to you. You will love the DCT coming from a scooter.

I personally prefer S-Mode for most of my riding. Beware that D-Mode tends to want to shift into 6th gear at about 40 MPH under normal driving conditions and then the bike is sluggish to respond to the throttle.

Welcome to this forum. I prefer riding in D because the transmission generally shifts smoother. When I desire quick acceleration I thumb a downshift or three just like a manual transmission.

Sounds like you got a great deal on a good ride. Barely broke in. Glad you rescued it. It was probably taking a lot of bullying from it’s room mates. :p

Welcome SS, great find on your NC700. I wont rain on your day with my find then. Welcome to the ride! I have a friend down in Linden Tx that has been trying to get me to come down there for a visit since i told him that i just recently scored a great deal on a new-to-me NC700x. Although it would be a blast i'm sure, man that's just too long of a ride for me right now. :{)

Back