• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Old/New Member

Ridefar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Forum Members,
I owned an 2010 NC700 and loved it! However, my wife and I like to ride cross country and long days were beating me up on the seat. I tried several aftermarket options at the time and just gave up after awhile. Now, I am looking at some of the newer options available for the NC750X seat and feel like I might be in the market again for another NC.
Until I make the purchase, I'll be following along the posts in the NC750 section and see how things are going. I see at least one name I remember from the past "DDuelin" and glad to see he is still active here.
Attaching a picture of my current ride.

Attachments

• Vstrom in Colorado.jpg
    Vstrom in Colorado.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 14
Thanks and not yet! I am still trying to figure out if the 2020 seat is better for long distance riding. Looks like is is flatter than the previous. I really miss the NC700 and even though I have a great bike now, I would like to get another Honda. My Vstrom will probably stick around unless I find it isn't getting used much.

From what I can tell the 2020 seat is pretty similar to all the prior years. I dunno, maybe they actually changed the foam? I believe it has a new part # for the 2020 so something might be different.

I switched to a Corbin, its pretty good. Much better than stock on my 2018. Russel Day Long seat seems like it has the best shape for long distance cruising.

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to see the Russell on the bike. I think the 2020 is mentioned somewhere that it is redesigned. After all this COVID crap is over, I need to go find one at a dealer and sit on it to see the difference.

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to see the Russell on the bike. I think the 2020 is mentioned somewhere that it is redesigned. After all this COVID crap is over, I need to go find one at a dealer and sit on it to see the difference.

The stock 2020 seat looks to me like the same old torture device.

2012 seat:
FCCE1379-E4D4-4526-A1ED-15DC7CB8685F.jpeg

2020 seat:
85BA5475-E9CA-4554-9396-C1CCEF320A27.jpeg

Russell Day-long on an NC:
EC6A4881-7065-4CC6-BA4A-853BEF635350.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is an interesting Youtube on the 2020 seat. Reading some of the comments from other owners, it sounds like Honda did make a change in 2020.
That Russell looks pretty comfy and his seats are definitely high quality. Thanks for the pic!

Back