• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oldbie....gone full circle

itlives

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, look at my post count. I'm not a newbie, I'm an oldbie! I've been gone for awhile trying out bigger, better , faster, heavier and more expensive bikes. Well, here I am again .
Just made a deal on a 2020 750 dct. To be picked up next week.
7 th bike in 7 years and a 7 fiddy.
7 being the number of completion, I'm thinking I may keep her.
The second new bike I ever bought but trading in a BMW R1200 GSA took away the pain.
The BMW is by far the best bike I've ever been on. But, its too heavy for this brokedown 65 y.o. to pick up when loaded (the bike, not me )
Im glad to see a couple of old faces and look forward to learning a few new faces!

Ahh, you finally came back down to earth and back to the NC. Good man.

Hey, I go down to Arkansa a lot for rides. I hope someday we can do another Hillbilly Hangout!

Enjoy the 750!!!

Welcome back from a newbie! Just got my 2018 NC two weeks ago, dying for weather above 40F so I can ride/install farkle. Always wanted a BMW, but by the time my NC is done, I may be too old for it.

Ahh, you finally came back down to earth and back to the NC. Good man.

Hey, I go down to Arkansa a lot for rides. I hope someday we can do another Hillbilly Hangout!

Enjoy the 750!!!
Springtime is coming! Maybe we should put it up on the board. I still talk to banjoferg and bug Dr and old (cant) ride.....i don't know maybe he can ride now ill have to call him.
Anywho, I'd be willing if it was just you!

Great when former BM owners get sense ;) Happens occasionally over on the Strom forum too.

Great when former BM owners get sense ;) Happens occasionally over on the Strom forum too.
One of my 7 bikes was a vstrom 650. I can't say enough good about it. It was in the running for my present bike. The screw & nut adjustable valves on the NC was the deciding factor for me.

"The screw & nut adjustable valves on the NC was the deciding factor for me."

Oh, I thought you were referring to the screw & nut adjustable valves on the R1200 BMW engine.

Hey guys, look at my post count. I'm not a newbie, I'm an oldbie! I've been gone for awhile trying out bigger, better , faster, heavier and more expensive bikes. Well, here I am again .
Just made a deal on a 2020 750 dct. To be picked up next week.
7 th bike in 7 years and a 7 fiddy.
7 being the number of completion, I'm thinking I may keep her.
The second new bike I ever bought but trading in a BMW R1200 GSA took away the pain.
The BMW is by far the best bike I've ever been on. But, its too heavy for this brokedown 65 y.o. to pick up when loaded (the bike, not me )
Im glad to see a couple of old faces and look forward to learning a few new faces!
good to have you back!

I am an old guy myself at 68+ years. I love my V-Strom DL650 but oh my goodness does it seem top heavy now that my wife has checked out a 2020 NC750x in tthe dealer showroom on a recent vesit for the two of us. She found it just a little higher than her Suzuki Maxi-Scooter Burgman 400. I sat on that NC750x and thought it seemed so low in center of gravity that I questioned the top heavy nature of my V-Strom. At one point years ago I longed for an Africa Twin 2016 or newer, or a BMW GS 1200 any year. But after checking out a NC750x with my wife, I question what the heck was I thinking? A low center of gravity bike like a NC750 would be such a luxury for me. I even sat on a recent Africa Twin (with seat at high position). Although the Africa Twin seemed higher in seat height than my V-Strom, it seemed noticeably lower in center of gravity.
If it weren't for the fact that my wife was going to buy a NC 750 this year, I probably would.

Last edited:
I am an old guy myself at 68+ years. I love my V-Strom DL650 but oh my goodness does it seem top heavy now that my wife has checked out a 2020 NC750x in tthe dealer showroom on a recent vesit for the two of us. She found it just a little higher than her Suzuki Maxi-Scooter Burgman 400. I sat on that NC750x and thought it seemed so low in center of gravity that I questioned the top heavy nature of my V-Strom. At one point years ago I longed for an Africa Twin 2016 or newer, or a BMW GS 1200 any year. But after checking out a NC750x with my wife, I question what the heck was I thinking? A low center of gravity bike like a NC750 would be such a luxury for me. I even sat on a recent Africa Twin (with seat at high position). Although the Africa Twin seemed higher in seat height than my V-Strom, it seemed noticeably lower in center of gravity.
If it weren't for the fact that my wife was going to buy a NC 750 this year, I probably would.
Yep, the Honda NC700/750,,,low sitting engine plus the gas tank is under the rear seat leads to a low center of gravity...I had a bmw g650gs (I traded it in on my nc700x in 2013) which also had the gas tank under the rear seat, but it had an oil reservoir up high (where the gas tanks normally are located) which led to a not so low center of gravity as the NC...

Back