• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

On vacation in New Orleans and I am renting a "bike"

docb91b

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy everyone,
The wife and I are down in New Orleans for a vacation. I wanted to rent a bike and take her for a spin through the Big Easy. However, she is scared of motorcycles and scooters... I found an alternative.. It is basically a 4 wheeled motorcycle..

New Orleans Cruisers LLC -

I will take pics and update you tomorrow. Ride on my brothers and sisters.

D

P.S. This isn't quite an NC post, but motorcycle none the less.. I do miss my NanCY back home. :(

Go to Jackson Square, it is a historic park in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana. Get a picture in front of the general. Being a real horseman, the general will tell you that real steel horses have two wheels.

Looks like it has 3 wheels, not 4.
We have something like them in San Francisco called Go Cars.
Please be kind to the people of New Orleans and don't drive it like the Go Car tourists do. It's painful.

Those things are painfully slow three wheelers. They top out at about 30-35 mph and take their sweet time getting there. Those are not a motorcycle substitute and are a nuisance on the road. I've seen plenty of them in Las Vegas and they're a rolling roadblock and a cause for many a near accident. They're slower than a 50cc scooter because that's all that powers them, it's how people can often rent them without a driver's license because they're classified as moped in those states and they take up a whole lane of road while being so slow. I mean seriously if you're going to ride those why not just rent a convertible car?

I'm surprised you see them in San Fransisco, considering California considers all two and three wheel vehicles motorcycles you need a motorcycle license to drive one of those. The only way to classify as a moped would be if they're speed restricted to no more than 30 mph, have less than two hp, and must have pedals. If any of those rules are broken it's an automatic motorcycle and you need a motorcycle license.

If you want a motorcycle experience but have someone afraid or riding, rent a Harley Davidson trike.

Last edited:
yeah..they are slow and noisy like trabant or something. i saw them in florida. i would rather go on decent size scooter or some big trike. imo-this thing is humiliating

That engine was like ready to blow lol

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 4

OMG!! I was full throttle and it would barely move.. took forever to get up to speed. lol Don't rent one for the record!!! My opinion.. fun around the neighborhood, but not on Canal Street in New Orleans. lolololol

Back