• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Online OEM Air Filter Purchase

fleetingyouth

Reaction score
Visit site
I need a new air filter and my dealership closed down. There are a couple places that would order it but they all are asking way to much. Is there an online place people have bought one from that is a good deal and a trusted site?

I found one on Bikebandit that was 45 with shipping but was hoping there might be a better deal.

Thanks

I got mine from Wal-Mart. Don't usually do that, but it was $31.75 with free shipping. It was filled by Louis Powersports. And.. it was... OEM.

Thanks everyone. I think I'm just going to wait a little longer on the air filter.

I read the HiFlo wasnt oiled and less efficient? Anyone used one?

Thanks everyone. I think I'm just going to wait a little longer on the air filter.

I read the HiFlo wasnt oiled and less efficient? Anyone used one?

I think the HiFlo filter is paper, just like the OEM. Neither is oiled, that I’m aware of. I haven’t yet used a HiFlo in an NC.

In my opinion the NC air filter design is very large for the size of the engine. I don’t think adequate air flow is a problem. I have a 7.5 liter truck engine (over 10 times the size of the NC700) with an air filter not even twice the size of the NC filter and it runs fine.

If money or OEM filter availability were a problem, I would happily use a HiFlo. Also, again because the NC filter is so big, I run 24,000 miles or more per filter, so if you’re only at 12,000, I wouldn’t worry about a filter replacement now.

Last edited:
Don't do the cheap one. I ordered some of these last year to put in my project box for the bike for when I need stuff... Well I test ordered some of the cheap ones and some of the OEM ones from ebay. They look similar, but there is a difference in the quality of these. I basically won't put the cheapie on the bike as I think the quality is that poor. So I would recommend snagging the OEM one on eBay or where ever you can get the best price. Local dealer is out of their minds for this stuff. I want to see them survive, but they need to get real.

If getting "genuine Honda" (hint: Honda does not produce filters) is an issue, I would trust Hiflo, they produce filters for tons of bikes and I have been using them for year both for oil and air filters. Not yet for the NC though.

Don't do the cheap one. I ordered some of these last year to put in my project box for the bike for when I need stuff... Well I test ordered some of the cheap ones and some of the OEM ones from ebay. They look similar, but there is a difference in the quality of these. I basically won't put the cheapie on the bike as I think the quality is that poor. So I would recommend snagging the OEM one on eBay or where ever you can get the best price. Local dealer is out of their minds for this stuff. I want to see them survive, but they need to get real.

By “the cheap one”, which one are you referring to, the HiFlo specifically, or any non OEM filter? I’m not doubting your observations; I’m just curious as to what differences you noted.

As mentioned above, Honda genuine filters come from a supplier. That supplier may well also sell one of the other branded filters available for less money, but they also may be built to a lesser specification.

In the automotive world, I’d guess the vast majority of air filter replacements are non OEM brands.

Last edited:
I didn't order that exact HiFlo filter, but the quality was not the same as the OEM. I experimented and ordered both to see the difference. My knockoff was from Banggood or something like that. I assumed like you stated that who ever makes the filter for Honda can probably be bought without the Honda markup. But what I got was something that looks like the Honda filter, but there is a clear difference between the media so I don't plan to use it in my bike.

So unless you just want to experiment like I did, I would just avoid the knockoff filters.

Just... avoid noname parts from AliBangAndCo. You just can't trust these marketplaces for important parts IMO.

I found the knock off still in my project box. If I get a chance maybe I can take pictures of the OEM and knockoff side by side.

If I cant get a decent priced OEM maybe I'll try the HiFlo.

I thought it was oiled mine seems like it is oiled, I could be wrong.

Check hondapartsnation.com for OEM parts. Their NC700 air filter was $32 plus shipping. DennisKirk.com carries the HiFlo for $19, an Emgo for $26 and K&N for $63 (all plus shipping). My local Honda dealer originally quoted $55, but then came down to $40 (plus tax) when I sighed about the high price. That's about what it would have cost me from hondapartsnation once shipping was added.

Back