• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ontario NC750x DCT Pricing ?

HarveyM

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All-

I'm toying with the idea of buying the DCT version and wondering if anyone has found any dealer wiggle room on the pricing.
Honda Canada gives the Ontario net price (fees but not taxes) at $10,604.
This would be a trade up from my 2007 Vespa 250 with 35k on it. Due to carpel tunnel issues I couldn't handle a clutch on multi-day rides.
Thanks!

Hi All-

I'm toying with the idea of buying the DCT version and wondering if anyone has found any dealer wiggle room on the pricing.
Honda Canada gives the Ontario net price (fees but not taxes) at $10,604.
This would be a trade up from my 2007 Vespa 250 with 35k on it. Due to carpel tunnel issues I couldn't handle a clutch on multi-day rides.
Thanks!

Some on this forum have stated that there are no 2016 NC750X DCT left available as only a very limited number were built for Canada and they are long gone. I can't confirm availability that but I will say that I paid $11,101.21 out the door and that included $20 to transfer the plate from my scooter and half a tank of gas. Cash on the barrel, no trade.

contract.jpg

yes it is true what sumo says. My dealer told me Honda Canada brought in only 11 DCT for all of Canada. They are all sold out and no more coming until 2017
Seeing as this is a very popular bike i doubt there would be any wiggle room.

Thanks all (& especially to sumo) for the feedback. I contacted my local dealer, and they had one DCT coming in late May! I rode over this morning and put a deposit on it. We're the fourth largest urban center in Canada, so I expected one would be allocated here, but I lucked out that it hadn't been claimed.

Congrats Harvey, you probably have the last available one. You will have to report back and let us know when you get it.
I would be interested in hearing what tires your bike comes with. So far it looks like all the Canada bikes have the Dunlop tires.
I lucked out and got the Bridgestone Battlewing tires. Really excellent tires for stock. Hope you get the Bridgestone.

I spoke to someone yesterday that has these tires on his Kawasaki Versys. He said they are fantastic tires. He said on a road trip thru
Oregon last summer he was in heavy rain and the tires had tons of grip.

I picked up my new NC750x DCT yesterday. I am Soooo glad it meets all my expectations! Considering I'm 5' 6" & I bought it without a test drive it was very comfortable riding from the start. I did both highway & street riding in gusty winds without worries. The dealer were kind enough to install the centerstand I ordered free (vs their $150/hr service price), good experience. I rode my Vespa 250 afterwards and it's a completely different experience - not bad, but different. Bonus, the NC came with the Bridgestones, their tread reminds me a lot of the Pirelli Diablos I have on the Vespa.

Last edited:
Congrats Harvey. Both on getting the bike and lucking out on the Battlewings. What is the last few numbers of your VIN?
I cant absolutely recall. i think i posted here about it. But mine was a low number. 00000004 ... so the fourth bike off the line for 2016

Mine is 51; It actually arrived May 27th, but I was out of the country. Even the insurance rep seemed to like the NCs

Last edited:
I wanted to look at the DCT in April but was told they were all sold out in Canada. Lucky you. I've decided to wait until the 2017 comes out in the hope it will have the LED headlight and different colour choices.

I picked up my new NC750x DCT yesterday. I am Soooo glad it meets all my expectations! Considering I'm 5' 6" & I bought it without a test drive it was very comfortable riding from the start. I did both highway & street riding in gusty winds without worries. The dealer were kind enough to install the centerstand I ordered free (vs their $150/hr service price), good experience. I rode my Vespa 250 afterwards and it's a completely different experience - not bad, but different. Bonus, the NC came with the Bridgestones, their tread reminds me a lot of the Pirelli Diablos I have on the Vespa.

ok - different, but was it better on the NC? I imagine it should be, I am also coming from a burgman 400 so I hope I will see a good difference.

Well, the Vespa is 330 lbs on 12 inch wheels- it's lively steering & seems quick in city traffic. But adding 30-40 lbs of gear for trips requires careful packing, and my cruising speed on level ground was about 110-120 kph. Which was fine, but passing was a pain (and some drivers hate being passed by a scooter). Conversely, I find the NC's stable at speed, smoother on the highway and can carry more; which is what I want for the longer trips I'm planning.

Last edited:
Well, the Vespa is 330 lbs on 12 inch wheels- it's lively steering & seems quick in city traffic. But adding 30-40 lbs of gear for trips requires careful packing, and my cruising speed on level ground was about 110-120 kph. Which was fine, but passing was a pain (and some drivers hate being passed by a scooter). Conversely, I find the NC's stable at speed, smoother on the highway and can carry more; which is what I want for the longer trips I'm planning.

I'm a new rider, about a year experience, not even - so I felt kind of stressed out on the burger 400 on the highway... like every little wrong mistake and I'd go flying. I hope to be feeling 'safer' on the NC. I'm still waiting for it by the way. I ordered it Jan man... this is frustrating... I better get it end of week.

:)
The first year I rode the Vespa, I stayed off the highways, then eased into it. After a few years I preferred highway to city streets (Ottawa isn't TO). I kept it tens years. The trick is to relax your grip and let the scoot move. The NC does feel safer- you're more in contact with it, but depending on your size, you might want a larger windscreen.

:)
The first year I rode the Vespa, I stayed off the highways, then eased into it. After a few years I preferred highway to city streets (Ottawa isn't TO). I kept it tens years. The trick is to relax your grip and let the scoot move. The NC does feel safer- you're more in contact with it, but depending on your size, you might want a larger windscreen.

Yes, I'll be able to hold on to the frunk better I imagine. I am 6 feet 1 inch so I may need a 22" MADSTAD or equivalent.

Back