• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oops moment. How to lift your NC700X.

Heck, I have dropped mine backing out of my garage-downhill slope and also canted, and gravel-ouch... got ran off the road once in the forestry and dropped it when I hit the ditch, now that was a tough one-big drop off and the sit was lower than the wheels. The back to the bike is the easiest method of raising the 450+lb bike. Nice job in lifting.

Heck, I have dropped mine backing out of my garage-downhill slope and also canted, and gravel-ouch... got ran off the road once in the forestry and dropped it when I hit the ditch, now that was a tough one-big drop off and the sit was lower than the wheels. The back to the bike is the easiest method of raising the 450+lb bike. Nice job in lifting.

The easiest method to raising the 450+lb bike is with help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found another thing that is useful with DCT. On a left side drop it sometimes can be hard to reach the shift lever to put the bike in gear so it doesn't roll when lifting. I just reached down and set the parking brake this time.

There was just a couple of scratches on the barkbuster cover this time. I had the barkbuster frames mounted for a while but the night before this drop I installed the plastic covers.

I found another thing that is useful with DCT. On a left side drop it sometimes can be hard to reach the shift lever to put the bike in gear so it doesn't roll when lifting. I just reached down and set the parking brake this time.

Good point, but when riding, my manual is always in gear. I only use neutral for bike servicing. Chances are if I were to drop it, it would be in gear.

Last edited:
1. thanks for the video
2. AGATT all the time ... especially a yellow 'stitch which is just like mine :)
3. reminder for me to practice my slow speed maneuvering

This timing of the fire engine siren in the background was perfect!

What impresses me most is the absence of any verbal reaction to the fu-boo. That shows great mental health. I would have gone off at myself like a Scud missile.

Good job....I dropped my fully loaded nighthawk in a parking lot.,jerked it up, realized I was on the right side and the kickstand wasn't down. Ended up straining my back badley. The rest of the ride home was torture. Hope I learned a lesson.

What impresses me most is the absence of any verbal reaction to the fu-boo. That shows great mental health. I would have gone off at myself like a Scud missile.
Not me but He. I have enough people that yell at me - I don't have to join the chorus.

Good job....I dropped my fully loaded nighthawk in a parking lot.,jerked it up, realized I was on the right side and the kickstand wasn't down. Ended up straining my back badley. The rest of the ride home was torture. Hope I learned a lesson.
Believe me I've done the same in the adrenaline moment - jerk and lift and go down a second time with back spasm pain, once 350 miles from home. Strangely enough my strained lumbar felt pretty good sitting on the bike that time 350 from home but standing and walking were nearly impossible.

Great self-control :cool: as I would have given a "slightly" different reaction.
When I sit on the bike with my feet flat on the ground, my knees are bent at a 30 degree angle, but I have very long lengs I guess. I had only once that I lost my balance and my bike was going over at 45 degrees, but I stood up and my leg hold the bike by itself. Maybe next time I'm not so lucky and have to pick the bike from the ground up.

Question: what kind of lights do you have on your bike? Are those bright enough and usable as head lights (e.g. when the stock head light has burned out)?

The question I have is why did he have to turn the motorcycle off using the key ? The bike is designed to shut itself off automatically in the event of a drop such as this or being in an accident.

Make sure the transmission is in gear and pray the bike went down on the right side (easier due to kickstand). Put back to the bike, grab handlebar with one hand, passenger hand hold with the other and lift with the legs. If it falls on the left you have to be fast and sure not to raise it up and let it fall over to the right. I've lifted 800 lb. cruiser this way by myself. It's a groaner on a cruiser.

Back