• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oops moment. How to lift your NC700X.

Wife slowly dropped mine when stopped, while I was teaching her how to ride. I was besides her but could barely hold the bike from where I stood, so it went smoothly to the ground. I tried to lift it back to the bike but didn't succeed because I forgot to hold the handlebar and the passenger bars. With the help of the wife for the initial 15 degrees, I could then lift it up for the rest.

Thing is, shifter was bent a bit and I had to straighten it at home. I was wondering: do any crash bars on the NC prevent the shifter to get bent?

On any bike I have ever dropped, I have found no engine guards that stop the shifter from bending. Folks have been nice enough to help come up with a pipe so I could bend the shifter back into place when on the road. I did have to ride about 15 miles in 1st gear once, until I could find a pipe that could bend the shifter back into place.

On any bike I have ever dropped, I have found no engine guards that stop the shifter from bending. Folks have been nice enough to help come up with a pipe so I could bend the shifter back into place when on the road. I did have to ride about 15 miles in 1st gear once, until I could find a pipe that could bend the shifter back into place.

Engine guards keep my shifter from bending.

Nice Job! Try that trick on 700+ pound Harley Electra Glide Tourer with 3 fully loaded bags in the dark in the pouring rain in the parking lot of hotel in Southern Virginia where you have never been. Since that crazy night I feel confident I could lift any bike off it's side by myself except maybe a Goldwing. Good video to show how it's done. You really have to concentrate on using your legs to do all the work. Otherwise you can injure your upper body and you are more prone to throwing over to the other side.

He did ok turning but if he turned his head and looked 90 degrees to the side, looking at the ground about ten feet or less from the bike he'd do much better. He's looking ahead. Look to the side and down and it will be easy. He's also not shifting his weight to the high side. Move your butt and your head.

Engine guards keep my shifter from bending. ��

debatable whether this is always true on pavement, but definitely in off-pavement use you can bend a lever easily regardless of engine guards, due to uneven terrain with branches, stones, holes...

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20161218_160537.jpg

I dropped it twice in the deep mud during the night offroad ride. Picked it up same as you did. No problem :) Also had to switch the engine off manually both times.

Back