• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ordered a new lasercut key

Bskicrash1

Reaction score
Visit site
Based on the recommendations of this forum, I’ve determined that my 2019 manual NC750x does not have a transponder key. I used the recommended site keys4urride.com for a blue Honda lasercut key. The company will cut my key code and ship it to me. Total was $45.19 shipped.

This will be my dedicated frunk key. I do have to say, this is the most expensive key I’ve ever purchased for a motorcycle.

Thank you to everyone here for making this information available.

Attachments

• 0405A966-6EAB-4528-B396-8F9E5F9808F9.png
    0405A966-6EAB-4528-B396-8F9E5F9808F9.png
    958.1 KB · Views: 56
With my new 2021 I'm wanting to get a third key and was wondering if I can just walk into a Honda motorcycle dealer nearby?

Any Honda motorcycle dealer can order a key blank for you. Availability will be determined when the dealer sends the order to Honda. Once you have the blank you will need to find a locksmith in your area to cut the key to fit your bike. Not every locksmith has this technology. The total price of $45.19 listed
above seems very reasonable.

According to procaliber.com, a non-HISS blank key from Honda for a 2021 NC750X is:

35121-MJE-A02
KEY, BLANK | (Optional).
MSRP: $22.07
Dealer Price: $19.86

I just ordered the key through my local Honda motorsports dealer. Paid something like $20. They say there is a local locksmith that cuts the Honda motorcycle keys. I also ordered a custom keychain online for my wife, where you can get them embroidered. On one side I put her name. On the other I put: You Rock! As you know, the key chain and any other keys on the ring rest on the paint of the frunk. For this reason I'm sure it would get scratched quickly. It's why I got a cloth keychain, for less scratching.

What a great thread! I’m looking for a third key as well b/c the OEM hard bags are single keyed . . . Which is great except when I want to open them without turning off the bike and if I carry two keys with me, then I’m concerned [paranoid?] about not having a back up at home . . .

if I carry two keys with me, then I’m concerned [paranoid?] about not having a back up at home . . .
I agree with this thought. I didn’t want my only spare to be with me in case I lost it. So a third key was the only option. This forum was a great bit of knowledge with the NC series. I am more than pleased with this forum for NC specific topics.

At least with my 2012 I was able to get a spare key done at the locksmith for $5.99. No fancy computer chips for the '12 key. Maybe its just me but I always feel like I'm going to break the key when opening the rear seat. That double latch makes it twice as hard to open and it feels like I'm going to twist the key out of the 10 year old plastic. As an aside, what genius at Honda decided to make the rear seat a double latch, over-complicating what should be a simple thing?

At least with my 2012 I was able to get a spare key done at the locksmith for $5.99. No fancy computer chips for the '12 key. Maybe its just me but I always feel like I'm going to break the key when opening the rear seat. That double latch makes it twice as hard to open and it feels like I'm going to twist the key out of the 10 year old plastic. As an aside, what genius at Honda decided to make the rear seat a double latch, over-complicating what should be a simple thing?
There are no fancy computer chips on the '13-'22 (USA model) NC keys, either. The difference with later years over early years is the mechanical style of the key.

Back