• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Our friend showkey . . .

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Many of you that have visited the forum for awhile will have undoubtedly seen helpful posts from very long time forum member “showkey”. showkey is probably best known for his “showkey mod”, for raising the front of the NCX seat to improve comfort. showkey had moderator status and duty on NC700-Forum. showkey, whose real name is Bob, last posted on this forum on Tuesday, August 9 at 7:28 am. Tonight I received a message from one of Bob’s children that Bob died unexpectedly on his morning walk on that day.

Bob had great knowledge of Hondas because he had been employed there. Bob shared his knowledge of the NC and the workings of Hondas, and the Honda Motor Company in general, and helped many owners work through motorcycle problems. I met Bob briefly as I was passing through Wisconsin one winter, about 5 years ago.

Here is the message from one of Bob’s children:

Hello All,
I know my dad spent a lot of time on this forum and was a moderator. He truly loved helping others. I wanted to pass on the news of his unexpected passing. I know he would have wanted to let y’all know. https://www.wausaudailyherald.com/obituaries/wis367528

Bob was just 66... that certainly gives me a uncomfortable perspective. Showkey was a Ace with technical information and he will be missed. I hope you're able to pass on the forum's condolences to his family.

Sad news indeed. He will be missed for not only his knowledge, but his willingness to help all of us.

Fair winds and a following sea, friend.

Very sorry to hear this. He was way too young in his passing. RIP

While I have not been on this forum a long while I will miss Showkey.
His advice was always no nonsense and based on the logical flow of troubleshooting a problem.
While I did not know he worked for Honda. I could tell from his advice that he knew what he was talking about.

I am saddened to hear this news. Even though I did not know of him personally, it is always a pleasure interacting with people on this and other forums. It is such a gift when people make the choice to take time out of their lives to share their knowledge, answer questions, and interact with others who share a common passion. His contributions will be missed.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Bob was a Close friend for many years!! He loved riding and helping people.

47D57C23-A6DA-4559-B0D7-3CF8BCD1C4E6.jpeg
This is me leading Bob, on his NC700 through the Tail of the Dragon.

851F5F57-43ED-4C6F-8FAF-214181AD76AB.jpeg

He would come to Georgia for Barber Vintage in Alabama. He would come early so we could ride the North Georgia Forest roads. This is his VFR1200X DCT

87515FB5-1DE1-4568-9315-190B7A80A719.jpeg

A beautiful Overlook North of Ellijay, GA. Bob was a great rider.

00B4FD79-48FB-41DE-893A-2F5EEEADFF46.jpeg

Overlooking Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee Georgia.

This Loss leaves a big void for all who ever interacted with Bob.

Rest In Peace my Friend…..

Back