• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

overland expo

gaknc700x

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be travelling to the Overland Expo in Arizona this May. Will be riding interstates until Amarillo,Tx then dropping down to Palo Duro Canyon for camp overnight. Bisecting New Mexico and arriving at Devil's Hwy at NM/AZ border and finally some backcountry roads up to Mormon Lake. Anyone for the ride, partial or full let me know.

Hey I will be riding in for the expo as well... From decidedly shorter away though, from down in Southern AZ.

Any chance you would be interested in splitting a dual registration and saving a little cash for both of us ? Let me know, planning to put in my weekend registration info next week.

I will be travelling to the Overland Expo in Arizona this May. Will be riding interstates until Amarillo,Tx then dropping down to Palo Duro Canyon for camp overnight. Bisecting New Mexico and arriving at Devil's Hwy at NM/AZ border and finally some backcountry roads up to Mormon Lake. Anyone for the ride, partial or full let me know.

i0.jpgI saw your post for the first time just a few minutes ago.

Lots of questions!

When are you going to be in Palo Duro Canyon for camp overnight?

Are you taking any of the riding courses?i0.jpg

When and where are you going to change from street tires of off road tires?

You have me really interested. Please, PM me.

smileycoffee.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Planning to take whatever riding courses I can, can't wait !

8.jpgYou must pre-register for the RawHyde riding course. These guys at RawHyde are some of the best, and their course is considered the best off road training there is. They also teach the official BMW classes. Only problem is their BMW price for the two day all inclusive course is $1395. So, if I go I can only afford demo rides.

smileystar.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth that's the impression I had too, but after emailing the folks who run Overland Expo they said there are some basic courses you can take for free as part of your admission plus you can ride in the terrain area all you want. Also there are plenty of great loop rides to be had as we'll out there. I'm going to go for it and if I can't do any MOtorcycle training I'll be very displeased and surprised.

You must pre-register for the RawHyde riding course. These guys at RawHyde are some of the best, and their course is considered the best off road training there is. They also teach the official BMW classes. Only problem is their BMW price for the two day all inclusive course is $1395. So, if I go I can only afford demo rides.

Looking at your quote "Go to every training school you can, wear all the protection you can, and use a large dose of common sense. Every time I have ran short on common sense is when I have experienced the pain of stupid." I'm real interested in off road training and when is the classes. I saw the BMW June class is already closed, and do not feel they would allow a Honda during BMW training and the $600.00 to ride a BMW rental, on top of the $1395.00 is a bit steep. I know Rawhyde are one of the best but are there any other opportunities this spring anywhere near Texas? I rode motocross in the late 60's but was a lot younger and more flexible then. When you asked about switching tires to off road, is there not some that can go both ways without having the issues of real off-road tires that should not be used on pavement and wear very fast. I know too many questions....

Planning to take whatever riding courses I can, can't wait !

0.jpgThree Palms in Conroe, Texas has been bought out by Bel-Ray. Every thing has now changed. I have tried to call and look them up on the internet, but they are right now in the middle of the change and you only get a message on the phone to come on out to the track. They use to teach classes, but all has change, and I just do not know. Try calling 936-321-8725.

Should you find some where else now teaching adventure riding techniques in Texas please let me know, as I would go to such a course using the NC700 and it's weight. As you know the NC700 is a street bike that we are trying to ride off road. The weight of the NC700 is what slows you down in the dirt, but if speed is not that important it can be done. Face it, a loaded down NC700 going camping cross county or cross the world with all your extras and stuff weights about 600 to 650 lbs. I am looking also, so let me know if you find a class.

As for a "know it is going to work adventure tire" for the NC700, the Continental TKC 80 that fits front and rear is the only "pair" real choice right now. When you go to an adventure tire your tire mileage will cut in half. Count on about 5,000 miles per set.

smileygerman.jpg

tire 001.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
So FYI I registered for Overland Expo this weekend and registered for a total of at least 8+ hours motorcycle training with the guys from Rawhyde (on my own bike) included for the 270 registration fee. This includes a basic and advanced course, a demo and 2 (basic and advanced) trail rides with RH instructors. Granted it's not their full course, but it's also not $1500, so I'll take that. In addition I'll be taking classes in Moto repair, health and safety and videography so I am pretty excited about it. Should be a great weekend!

Sorry, just read your post. I already signed up. I plan to ride Mogollon Rim Road and Devil's Hwy, could we meet somewhere and ride into Mormon Lake together? I think Old Can Ride may be joining me in Texas at Palo Duro Canyon.

1.jpg

Sent you a private message, I got registered on time. Got all the classes I wanted.

SmileyCowboyThumbsUP.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back