• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Paint match for black plastic ?

jordan325ic

Reaction score
Visit site
I searched around but couldn't find anything... I'm having to replace my front fender (hit a deer) on my red 2013, and instead of spending a lot of time and money trying to color match the red, I thought I'd just paint the fender the same color as the black plastic trim. It's a bit of a rat-bike after the wreck anyway. Anyone have a good match for the blackish/grayish matte black?

Just a standard tin of satin black will do the job, and if you want to protect it from scratches cover it with satin clearcoat. I’ve painted a couple of my plastic panels with good success.
Here’s one:-

Attachments

• 3169BEF3-95D7-49DB-BBE1-9FB9A85D2F60.jpeg
    3169BEF3-95D7-49DB-BBE1-9FB9A85D2F60.jpeg
    870.9 KB · Views: 16
Rustoleum textured black paint for plastic is a good match. I used it on my rear wheel hugger. Make sure you get the textured version.

Harbor freight truck bed coating is also good textured black paint. Used it on some plastic panels and scuffed up panniers on my VStrom. Looked great

Back