• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Pannier Locks Question

GregT

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a new-to-me 2018 750X that I want to put side cases on. My old 2013 700X had Givi Dolomiti side cases on. They were very functional, but in order to close them securely, you had to lock them. This meant that every time I realized I needed something from a side case, I had to turn the engine off, remove the keys from the ignition, and unlock the side case. On my BMW I have Touratech Zega Evo side cases, and these allow me to securely close them, but not lock them. This is MUCH more convenient. Touratech doesn't make side case racks for the 750X, so the Dolomitis are my second choice. Does anyone know if the Dolomite locking system can be changed to what I want? Are there any their any other brands out there that have this feature? Thanks in advance.

Not the answer to your question, but why keep the motorcycle and luggage key(s) on the same ring? I never have keys attached to the motorcycle key, as they just damage the area around the ignition lock when bouncing around. I keep the luggage keys on a separate ring. I don’t need to remove the motorcycle key to access the luggage.

Also not exactly answering your question, here's a solution that works well if you need more than 1 key...
IMG_8313.JPG
...the KeySmart MagConnect. It allows the storage key to be on the same keychain yet is super quick (and fun) to detach/re-attach. A little heat-shrink tubing prevents scratches.

Thanks for all of the responses. Keys are just one more item to keep track of, and lose, so I prefer to keep the side case key on the same keyring as the ignition key. The KeySmart connector looks interesting. The Tusk and Happy Trails side cases are not quite what I'm looking for.

Thanks again. This forum is a great resource.

Back