• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Paramedic High Speed Ride on a Motorbike Through the City During Rush Hour

One of the first things I learned during 32 years of public safety.................... you can't help anyone if you don't get to the call yourself! Yes, he can ride. Is an accident in this guys future..... probably.

Good post.

Where I'm from, we usually ease towards the shoulder to yield right of way. His high speed passing on the right would have probably gotten him killed in Georgia. And the close encounter with the van backing out of the parking space would have caused me second thoughts about my career path.

Anyone impressed by the distance he had to go? At 6:30 in he pulled through a gas station. I thought he had to get some gas. :)

I would of had to check my own pulse after that ride.

Okay, so lane splitting is legal in California, but I think they say if the speed is less than 35 mph and don't drive much over the pace of the cars. I'm sorry, I work in the medical field and have years of moto experience, but that kind of driving is just an accident waiting to happen, you never know when someone might open a door or move over thinking your in the other lane; BAAM your toast.

I've heard that they use medical motos at some areas like sporting events to get around the large grid lock parking lot, seems to be safer there.

That man is very dedicated to his job. Putting his own life on the line for others. I'd give him a medal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they need to hire a few more medics and space them out a bit

Maybe they used to have more of them, but there is a high rate of attrition, lol :eek:

Man, he would have been past everybody before they had a chance to hear or notice the lights and siren, let alone react. People only seemed to sloooowly move when he was pretty much at a standstill, and his tire at their bumper.

I wouldn't place any Vegas odds on being able to do this day in day out, without a nasty outcome sooner rather than later. Hey, much respect and awe at the skills of this professional lifesaver, I don't mean to belittle the abilities by any means, but all the awesomeness in the world can be subverted by dummy drivers. And given that there are a whole heck of a lot more dummy drivers than awesome skilled ones, well, tick tick tick...

he lanes splits kinda fast. I would caution him on some of his judgements.
His own life is at risk. Slow down on the lane splits....!

Ken

One of the first things I learned during 32 years of public safety.................... you can't help anyone if you don't get to the call yourself! Yes, he can ride. Is an accident in this guys future..... probably.

Good post.

Here here! Interesting video to watch. Also a public safety veteran myself and completely agree; if you can't get there, you can't help.

Ok, so I watched the video. Why was he speeding, lane splitting, and have his siren on? Was he late for work? He took his time getting off and I didn't see an accident or anything. That just seems foolish to me...such an unnecessary risk...

Back