• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Part numbers for 2021 Accessories

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Stopped at my dealer today and he finally got a list of part numbers for the accessories on the 2021 Honda NC 750X/XD. We ordered my centerstand, but I passed on the luggage rack I had originally told him to order.

I asked him if I could have a copy of the list and he covered up the dealer pricing and let me take a pic of the it. Notice some items are listed as new and some as carry over meaning they would fit existing models besides the 2021.

Tvpt9Mr.jpg

Hey, hadn't seen that. There's the part numbers right there!

That rear rack (the $400 one) looks aluminum, not resin like my buddy has on his.

Hey, hadn't seen that. There's the part numbers right there!

That rear rack (the $400 one) looks aluminum, not resin like my buddy has on his.
At $400, maybe it’s part titanium.

lol..no kidding. Who ever imagined that a luggage rack could cost $400?
Even more astounding is the 50 liter topcase that sits on that $400 rack is an additional $426. Oh wait, add another $253 for the top case inner bag and the top case lock. And do you want side panniers with that? Ka-ching!$!$. That’ll be another $1,220. Now that is just the basic set. Surely you want to add the trim panels? Yes?$

I thought the Honda accessories for the 2012 model were high priced, but Honda has clearly outdone themselves for 2021.

Even more astounding is the 50 liter topcase that sits on that $400 rack is an additional $426. Oh wait, add another $253 for the top case inner bag and the top case lock. And do you want side panniers with that? Ka-ching!$!$. That’ll be another $1,220. Now that’s is just the basic set. Surely you want to add the trim panels? Yes?

I thought the Honda accessories for the 2012 model were high priced, but Honda has clearly outdone themselves for 2021.
I don’t know if Honda could’ve made purchasing their top cases any more convoluted.

Why on earth does the 50L top case consist of 3-6 unique parts? You have the actual top case, the key body, the key cylinder…and then there’s the aluminum trim panel, the inner bag (which is confusingly labeled as fitting a 58L top case), and then there’s the mysterious passenger backrest that they make no mention in the US…but is sold separately in the UK and included with the top case in Canada (the backrest mentioned in the US accessory list above is for the 35L top case which is different).

Charging ridiculous amounts of money is one thing, but why make it so damn complicated to order?

Oh, and why oh why do they sell the light bar in the US but not the actual LED Fog Lights that they sell in every other market?

Reactions: MZ5
... Oh, and why oh why do they sell the light bar in the US but not the actual LED Fog Lights that they sell in every other market?
A wild guess as to why the fog lights aren’t sold in the US may be due to vehicle lighting codes. Again, it’s a guess. It seems the bikes bound for various markets have differences in lighting, reflectors, and labeling based on the vehicle codes for that country or region.

Getting off topic, but I’ve just realized that may be why the red “reflectors” on Givi top cases don’t reflect whatsoever. If Givi made them actual reflectors, they would have to conform with vehicle codes in a world market, which is probably too complicated when trying to keep the product inventory simplified. So we see the red lenses, they look cool, and we are led to believe they are lights or reflectors, but they’re not.

A wild guess as to why the fog lights aren’t sold in the US may be due to vehicle lighting codes. Again, it’s a guess. It seems the bikes bound for various markets have differences in lighting, reflectors, and labeling based on the vehicle codes for that country or region.

Getting off topic, but I’ve just realized that may be why the red “reflectors” on Givi top cases don’t reflect whatsoever. If Givi made them actual reflectors, they would have to conform with vehicle codes in a world market, which is probably too complicated when trying to keep the product inventory simplified. So we see the red lenses, they look cool, and we are led to believe they are lights or reflectors, but they’re n
Interesting! Hadn’t thought of that, but that does sound like a very plausible explanation. And now I know that the top of my current Givi top case doesn’t actually do anything :D

Stopped at my dealer today and he finally got a list of part numbers for the accessories on the 2021 Honda NC 750X/XD. We ordered my centerstand, but I passed on the luggage rack I had originally told him to order.

I asked him if I could have a copy of the list and he covered up the dealer pricing and let me take a pic of the it. Notice some items are listed as new and some as carry over meaning they would fit existing models besides the 2021.

Tvpt9Mr.jpg
Thanks for sharing this by the way @the Ferret! Nice to have a clear, official listing of the 2021 US accessories as the Honda website leaves a bit to be desired, and now I can email Honda to ask about that 50L Top Case Backrest I’m so curious about.

… and now I can email Honda to ask about that 50L Top Case Backrest I’m so curious about.

Let me know what they say. A few years ago when I contacted them more than once about that for my 2012, they were unable to provide a number.

Let me know what they say. A few years ago when I contacted them more than once about that for my 2012, they were unable to provide a number.
Will do! I actually got a reply very soon after emailing them and they said that, while they’re not selling a separate backrest for the 50L top case in the US, the top case might actually come with the backrest included. They’re reaching out to someone else on their team to confirm, and should have an answer on Monday.

I’m hoping the backrest is included as the part number for the US top case is different from the UK one. Most of the other accessories, meanwhile, share the same part numbers.

For you I also hope it comes with the backrest. If I were in your place, though, I would not hold my breath.
(-:

For you I also hope it comes with the backrest. If I were in your place, though, I would not hold my breath.
(-:
Oh my expectations are low, don’t you worry ;) Question is, if it doesn’t come with the backrest, would they go so far as to remove the mounting points for it on the US top case? Because if not, maybe I could order the backrest from a European or Asian distributor. Time will tell!

Reactions: MZ5
I have _almost_ made my own or tried as you suggest, to order from Europe or Asia. The only real reason I haven’t done any of that is Dad and I made a super-cost-effective backrest for my wife from some flat steel and a junkyard headrest. I drilled a couple holes through the Honda top box mounting plate and the flat iron so I can quickly attach and detach it. She and I haven’t taken any long rides that would really require the top box, so this works.

If we decide to go on long tours and need that suitcase space, I’ll have to do something else I suppose.

(-:
Surprise, surprise — American Honda told me the 50L top case they’re selling in the US doesn’t come with the backrest and that they’re not selling it in the US right now (or potentially ever). Very curious how that decision came about…

That said, nc700shop.com was more than happy to sell me the backrest and it should be arriving soon so mission accomplished!

For anyone who’s curious, it’s part number 08L85-MKT-D00 and you can find it here:

Surprise, surprise — American Honda told me the 50L top case they’re selling in the US doesn’t come with the backrest and that they’re not selling it in the US right now (or potentially ever). Very curious how that decision came about…

That said, nc700shop.com was more than happy to sell me the backrest and it should be arriving soon so mission accomplished!

For anyone who’s curious, it’s part number 08L85-MKT-D00 and you can find it here:

For anyone who’s curious, the backrest arrived today and here’s what it looks like:

4892AF31-3478-4338-9DD2-43FE4C526C9E.jpeg
A340FE6E-BCDA-4275-A53C-63A183B64CDB.jpeg

Happy to see that you don’t have to drill holes in the top case to attach the backrest (unlike previous years). There are 2 attachment points on the outside of the top case that slide into the grooves on the bottom of the backrest, and you just screw it in and secure it with the double-sided adhesive strips. Now, if only I had the actual bike to attach it to…

Logistics-wise, the total cost was $100 (about $60 for the actual backrest and $40 for shipping) and it took 9 days to arrive from nc700shop.com in France to NYC.

Back