• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

People seem to like it!

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's numerous threads on this forum that exclaim how much we, as riders/owners, like our 700's.

But I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of comments that I receive from regular folks who just happen to walk by or park near the bike! I must confess that, as much as I too like my NC, sometimes I find myself thinking that it looks kinda like several other sport/tourers out there. Yet hardly a day goes by when someone doesn't make the comment... "Nice looking bike!"

I do admit I have made a lot of functional changes, i.e. risers, fenders, luggage, screen, etc, etc., but the basic lines of the bike remain the same.

Wonder what it is that sets the NC700X apart?

Is your NC red?

I have a yellow Goldwing that really stands out. I have common folk remark that it's a "pretty" bike. I doubt they know anything about motorcycles, rather I think they just like the color.

I had the frunk open at work getting ready to leave.a guy that rides a Harley stopped and looked at it,and then said that would be a nice place for ice and beer.

I had the frunk open at work getting ready to leave.a guy that rides a Harley stopped and looked at it,and then said that would be a nice place for ice and beer.

You can say that about almost any place that ice and beer will fit. ;)

I had a silver SV650S prior to my NC700X in Black, never had any comments on the sport bike but any time I am near the bike and anyone walks by I always seem to get a nice bike comment,
The frunk just seems to seal the deal in the uniqueness of this bike, even a gentleman on a awesome Harley one day commented on how smart the bike looked, he was totally impressed on the frunk

Mine gets quite a lot of attention too, from a broad spectrum of bikers, cruiser riders, sport bike riders and one old guy on an old classic Honda.

A couple of times I've had people ask "is that the auto version?" and then they get really interested when I explain how it all works.

A couple of months ago I was in a popular bike car park and about 8 kids all came running over shouting "I'll have that black one" out of all the other 30 odd bikes there. That made me smile with pride.

I love my NCX, and it appears that everyone else does too. But who could blame them? :cool:

Apparently it looks different enough from the average bike to elicit a response. I've had several people smile and say, "Wow, I've never seen one like that before." I think they're used to seeing mostly cruisers and sport bikes in my part of the world.

I get positive comments every where I go. Just recently had a guy take pictures with his phone. I think others notice the "cross-over" look that is unlike any other bike. Kinda part sport bike...part naked bike...part sport tourer with adv looks. When people see the frunk and I tell them I get 75 mpg, they are blown away.

While I was getting gas the other day the guy working there asked, what is it, how much did it cost, and where did I buy it. After I told him I get ~ 70 mpg I think he was sold.

But again...... why? :confused:

Because it looks like a modern hi tech Street Hawk.

Hawk-rider1.jpg

But better.

947369676205eb549cfc48a3668acffd_zps6bdfc269.jpg

:cool:

Lot of Bike riders at my work comment on the height and seating position. They like the fact it is sporty but you sit upright as opposed to crouched down over the tank. It looks like more of a natural riding position.

I don't get to many comments in my neck of the woods. I'm actually surprised at how few bikes I see in Arkansas. The plant I work at has 1000 people. At most there will be five bikes in the lot. Boats, hell there are more boats in the lot than bikes. LOL. I've had a couple guys approach me over the last year and a half but that is it.

I have gotten a few comments with some passer byers that I think just like the looks in general. Usually middle to older aged men. Looking at the spreadsheet of ownership, most here would concur. The frunk takes people by surprise and they love the utility aspect. Its sporty but also adventure looking at the same time. When I describe the dct to other motorcyclist they are intrigued. Its not uber sexy but it does have some nice lines for an "ugly" bike.

Back